Tyler Baron DE, J George WR, Xavier WR, and NIL walk into a bar…

"even if guys aren't open he will throw them open."

Yup. This is why I wanted Ward badly and didn't think Howard would be a good fit.

I consider a Dawson to be in the bottom 25% of P4 OC's. That's his track record when not coaching with Dana Holgorsen. He was bad, bad, bad as Kentucky's and SoMiss' OC (his last two OC jobs without Holgorsen).

Ward can create plays outside of the offensive structure, whereas I don't think Howard can do so.
Yup exactly this.

I think Cam kills it and gets Dawson an HC job in the off season.

Advertisement
He never had good receivers or linemen at Washington state. He’s got both here.
That’s the crazy part and when u look at the tape some of the throws are insane. If this dude out there hanging out and training with Deons son, he’s legit cause his son ain’t going to train with qbs that are cheeks

You got your parking already? My time is in a couple of hours. Usual cluster, or was it painless (for once since Hard Rock)? Trying to mentally prepare myself.

I do not believe the PROCESS will be hard. Just make your pick, you should be done in 2 minutes.

They have kinda-sorta pared it down. Because we've already made our HC contributions and renewed our tix, it pretty much just says "pick your color". I tried to sneak 2 in the cart, it wouldn't let me (I have 4 season tix).

The process is painless. Except for that ache in my heart due to the theft of one of my Green passes.

Advertisement
Don't blame me for your kind, generous, open-ended, and non-specific offer to SHUT UP until October.

Demz da rulez.

View attachment 289187
i dont think anyone should complain about the portal haul this year. weve been as good as anyone in the country from the HS recruiting class to the portal class this year. now evals so far are a diff story, but for now, this coming class and portal class are elite

Ward looked so good..I honestly think Mario walked away from that Spring game thinking, "I FINALLY got my shot at a great QB. I cant F this up. No more loyalty and no more waiting for guys to hopefully figure it out. I need to move on upgrading this roster NOW.".....Because lets just all say it..Mario has been absolutely unforgiving when it comes to his transfer portal moves. (Ex...Sam Brown coming in to potentially take Hortons spot...Alderman coming in to potentially take Wes's spot..going after Baron to take Mesidors spot..Damian Martinez coming in to take everyone in the RB rooms spot..lol..etc)....... Hes going for it all this year and doesnt care if he has to hurt some feelings in the process.
I definitely think he told the boosters, we got a shot for a playoff spot with ward, i just need a couple more pieces. They went all in this portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
Am I crazy in thinking this kid, outside of Cam Ward if he has a stellar year, would have the highest potential draft grade out of the kids eligible for 2025 draft?

He has the measurables needed to be a 1st round pick and plays a premier position. Production wise he was decent last year (10 TFL, 6 sacks) so a bump in production would actually mean he has similar numbers to Verse.

Biggest concern would be snap counts. With Mesidor, Alston, and Bain, will he get enough snaps to see that production bump? Outside of that though, I'm not sure anyone else eligible for next year would be projected higher than him if he came here.

Am I crazy in thinking this kid, outside of Cam Ward if he has a stellar year, would have the highest potential draft grade out of the kids eligible for 2025 draft?

He has the measurables needed to be a 1st round pick and plays a premier position. Production wise he was decent last year (10 TFL, 6 sacks) so a bump in production would actually mean he has similar numbers to Verse.

Biggest concern would be snap counts. With Mesidor, Alston, and Bain, will he get enough snaps to see that production bump? Outside of that though, I'm not sure anyone else eligible for next year would be projected higher than him if he came here.
Brown and Martinez should have strong arguments.

Advertisement
Brown and Martinez should have strong arguments.
I hear you on Brown considering how valued WRs are right now and the fact that he runs a 4.4 as a 6'2 200lb WR.

But I disagree on Martinez. RB isn't a premier position and I feel like he's a Braelon Allen type of back (big bruising back that didn't run the 40 for obvious reasons) who went in the 4th round this year. Martinez will for sure get drafted just think greater chance he's a day 3 guy than day 1 or day 2.

Ah yes, I long for the days of Bama, LSU, and Clemson being the select few that could really pay for recruits. I wish we could go back to getting into trouble for Luke’s $100 hand shakes and Nevins boat rides. We were properly in our place then. It was so comforting to know our role.

STOP REGURGITATING THE OPINIONS OF THOSE LOSING POWER IN ALL THIS CHANGE.

Think about these things

1. Whats good for Miami?
2. What’s good for the players?
3. WTF KIND OF LOYALTY DO YOU HAVE TO ANYTHING ELSE?

Love my Canes to death, UM Grad in 94 so should not even talk about loyalty and I am pro player but this is just a joke at this time. My issue is with CFB/NCAA and the no restriction portal is nothing good for the sport and I fully support and expect some order is place on it. The one-time free transfer was ok until the damm courts intervene and the NCAA become scared to death.

I hear you on Brown considering how valued WRs are right now and the fact that he runs a 4.4 as a 6'2 200lb WR.

But I disagree on Martinez. RB isn't a premier position and I feel like he's a Braelon Allen type of back (big bruising back that didn't run the 40 for obvious reasons) who went in the 4th round this year. Martinez will for sure get drafted just think greater chance he's a day 3 guy than day 1 or day 2.

The RB is still a premier position in CFB this is not the NFL and never will be.

Advertisement
Back