Tyler Baron DE

Advertisement
Man, I can't get over @hoops156 take on X. I just googled our all time receiving yards leaders. All X needs is 831 yards and he becomes #1 all time. If he's healthy, he's breaking it. With our rich history at WR, that's a feat. Who cares that he won't be a 1st round pick? He might not be a "high end" NFL talent, but he's a high end collegiate talent. Put some respect on him. Where's @Coach Macho?

First of all, Academia and Sports are different.

I'm willing to bet you, nobody has an issue with a kid transferring and being able to immediately resume classes at the new school. Back in the day when players had to sit out a year to transfer, that didn't mean they couldn't take classes for a year. Of course not. So to compare them to regular students in this regard is manipulative.

Second of all, when millions of dollars are being thrown around, absolutely restrictions should be involved. Can NFL players just up and walk out of a team at any time and go play for another one because the other situation is more advantageous for them? Absolutely not. They do that when their contract (restriction) is up.

The problem is the NCAA used manipulative tactics of the opposite nature that you just tried to use. The NCAA told everyone for decades that because they are students they can't make money. And noe you're saying that because they are students they should have thr rights of regular students.

You're both wrong. They should be able to make money, and they shouldnt be viewed as normal students when what we are talking about it football (for normal rights please see paragraph 1 above). Eventually logic and law will catch up and there will be restrictions on how they can move, whether that be considering them employees, contractual buyouts, or another method...something will stop them from being able to move whenever they can. It'll take a few years to get there though, so for the time being...I'm glad UM is taking advantage of the situation as opposed to not.
Academics and athletics are for sure different. Just like college and the NFL are different.

Also, do you want the NFL owners to have more or less control over the players? If you were making a new league, would you fight for the rights of the owners or the players?

Maybe he sees a lot of targets because he's open and reliable?

You're way off on X. Think about this. He was 81 yards away from being Miami's all time single season leader in receiving yards. And he did this with . . . lol . . . a combination of TVD, Emory, and Jacurri. You're a great poster but this take, man. Oof.

It's a very good point.

Look at the QB numbers. Emory started 2 games (and had 325 of his yards in those two games) and Jacurri started 1 game (and had all 181 yards in that game).

And STILL...Xavier was almost our best (statistical) WR of all time...

1715283028806.png

Advertisement
Gaby says hearing positive Miami buzz (as others have indicated). Hopefully that leads to a commitment shortly before the wind blows and this kid changes his mind again
thanks for actual news lol

(X loves doubters, keep balling big dawg!)

LWS Portal/HS Recruiting

Tyler Baron

• Geo got the impression things in the recruitment were trending the wrong way last week.
  • Things have changed. A decision should come soon. Hearing positive buzz.
  • Summer Session I registration at U$C and Miami is soon

Advertisement
Gaby says hearing positive Miami buzz (as others have indicated). Hopefully that leads to a commitment shortly before the wind blows and this kid changes his mind again
Geo's hearing buzz too. Where there's smoke...

I gotta tell ya I want nice things for Miami for ME

But sometimes I want us to continue to be awful because some of yall deserve it

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back