Tryriq McCord's INT For a TD

Advertisement
Everybody sees McCord as a DE except our staff.

He's could play DE in college but he will be a 3-4 OLB in the pros.

Not if he gets drafted by Dallas, St Louis, the Giants, Philly, Miami, Tampa, Chicago, Seattle, Denver, Carolina, Cincy, Detroit, or Jacksonville....All run 4-3 bases that would put the dudes hand on the ground.

Way too small to be a 4-3 DE in the NFL IMO. He would get murdered at the point of attack in the run game.

I'd be surprised if he was playing at over 240 LBs right now.

Im a big McCord fan but he is shockingly still terrible against the run. He's just not physically coming around the way I thought he would but with his natural gifts it wouldn't surprise me to see him be bulked up in two or three years and become a different player in the NFL. We seem to do that anyway. I'm having a hard time judging anyone on this defense anymore. They all look the same and honestly that's just not possible. There's something big missing there.

But as of now, I agree with you.

Tyriq is a Junior DE that literally hasn't developed a single pass rush move.
Crazy how easy teams handle this stud. It's a testament to our DC & Uncle Jethro's
Inability to do a **** thing to help these kids.

Not if he gets drafted by Dallas, St Louis, the Giants, Philly, Miami, Tampa, Chicago, Seattle, Denver, Carolina, Cincy, Detroit, or Jacksonville....All run 4-3 bases that would put the dudes hand on the ground.

Way too small to be a 4-3 DE in the NFL IMO. He would get murdered at the point of attack in the run game.

Im a big McCord fan but he is shockingly still terrible against the run. He's just not physically coming around the way I thought he would but with his natural gifts it wouldn't surprise me to see him be bulked up in two or three years and become a different player in the NFL. We seem to do that anyway. I'm having a hard time judging anyone on this defense anymore. They all look the same and honestly that's just not possible. There's something big missing there.

Yeah we got like 10 future pro bowlers on the squad yet u wouldn't be able to tell the way we play every saturday. We all know what's missing. Apparently the people who know this are missing something too...... A pair of nut sacks!!!!!!

Advertisement

Tyriq is a Junior DE that literally hasn't developed a single pass rush move.
Crazy how easy teams handle this stud. It's a testament to our DC & Uncle Jethro's
Inability to do a **** thing to help these kids.

Agree. His pass rushing is underwhelming and hasn't seemed to have improved in 3 years. He doesn't not possess real straight line speed and his pass rushing technique is subpar. Those 2 combined make him woefully ineffective at rushing the passer.

One of those kids who needed a redshirt but wasnt able to, which means his best days are most likely ahead of him and we will not benefit from it. Seems like he can jump routes tho, always a good sign with corners

Was in the middle of talking to Stuart Miller when this play was happening. I was talking to him and watching the game at the same time. We both lost it.

Advertisement
Did they analyze the play where Trent Harris was covering a dude 25 yards downfield in the endzone?

Sadly for McCord at least, this probably is his best position. I worry about his intelligence, instincts, and speed in terms of being a linebacker at the next level. He's far too small to be a DE unless he was a devastating pass rusher (like say a poor man's Robert Quinn) which he is not. His best bet at this level IMO is a hybrid who gets to showcase his pass rushing (or lack thereof) without being asked to play the other diverse roles of a linebacker too often--an Aldon Smith type. As an OLB in this system, he will occasionally be asked to cover. There's nothing shocking about that and I don't think he's branded incorrectly.

I think he's improved a lot in terms of understanding the defense but they haven't developed him as a pass rusher. We are sorely missing that. The idea that this team brings Thurston Armbrister in to be a rush end on third down is laughable. It'd be like bringing in Glenn Cook as your pass rushing ringer.

The Eagles don't run a 4-3, they run a 3-4 defense. I don't get this idea that people have that the 3-4 isn't an extremely effective formation. It's when you only rush 3 and have your DB's 10 yards off the receiver that it sucks... which is the case with almost any defense.

Advertisement
Sadly for McCord at least, this probably is his best position. I worry about his intelligence, instincts, and speed in terms of being a linebacker at the next level. He's far too small to be a DE unless he was a devastating pass rusher (like say a poor man's Robert Quinn) which he is not. His best bet at this level IMO is a hybrid who gets to showcase his pass rushing (or lack thereof) without being asked to play the other diverse roles of a linebacker too often--an Aldon Smith type. As an OLB in this system, he will occasionally be asked to cover. There's nothing shocking about that and I don't think he's branded incorrectly.

I think he's improved a lot in terms of understanding the defense but they haven't developed him as a pass rusher. We are sorely missing that. The idea that this team brings Thurston Armbrister in to be a rush end on third down is laughable. It'd be like bringing in Glenn Cook as your pass rushing ringer.

Agree on the last part, but in fairness to the Millionaire, I see him improving game by game and he's quite relentless in the pass rush. I think Donofrio makes it too easy for an offense to diagnose where the blitzes (Thurston) are coming from. Not sure why he doesn't try to disguise thurston's blitzes a bit more.

Advertisement
Armbrister isn't a regular blitzer on third down--he's a pass rushing DE. The fearsome foursome in our pass rush package is Army, chick, kamalu, and mccord. I'm not knocking Armbrister but he's no pass rusher. That he's being asked to fill that role shows both how far we fallen and how simplistic the coaches are in thinking that a few gimme sacks should land him that role rather than developing a more explosive young guy like Thomas or Owens.

Armbrister isn't a regular blitzer on third down--he's a pass rushing DE. The fearsome foursome in our pass rush package is Army, chick, kamalu, and mccord. I'm not knocking Armbrister but he's no pass rusher. That he's being asked to fill that role shows both how far we fallen and how simplistic the coaches are in thinking that a few gimme sacks should land him that role rather than developing a more explosive young guy like Thomas or Owens.

I agree, Armbrister has no business trying to rush the passer. It's sad to think that he is our best option.

Advertisement
Back