Transfer fix?

First, I am not familiar with the NIL legal constraints and verbiage in the contracts, but do the athletes have to pay state taxes in each state they play? Similar to pro athletes?
One of the big complaints previously to the Wild West that is the current model was that coaches could come and go, but the “student” athlete had to sit a year without an exemption. Head coaches of course had some hefty buy outs. Any scenario where that could be implemented to the transfer athlete? To me this would curb some of this.

Advertisement
Tax laws factor into where your income was earned. Florida not having a state income tax should definitely be advertised to these kids and their advisors so they know what they are going to net.

My solution is for the school to start paying the players, and the income increases each year they are at the program. This would probably violate Title IX as it would force football to stop funding several other sports, but if we are going to let dudes play ladies sports then what's the point anymore?

Advertisement
Back