Tough stretch coming up

obfan

Redshirt Freshman
Our next 3 games are brutal. What would you work on this week if you were coach?

Advertisement
1/2 court offense should certainly be a priority but it mat take awhile so I'm thinking

Blocking out
3 point shots - run some simple 2 guard plays against the zone to get Lykes some good shots
Free throw shooting = we need them all

Advertisement
NC State vs Wake tonight. They are very good at home and 0-3 on the road. Wins over ND,Clemson and scored 96 on Duke. We are gonna need a very good shooting night to keep up. Remember when we were a ball screen team? what happened to that?

NC State vs Wake tonight. They are very good at home and 0-3 on the road. Wins over ND,Clemson and scored 96 on Duke. We are gonna need a very good shooting night to keep up. Remember when we were a ball screen team? what happened to that?

Teams started playing zone on us. Ball screens aren't effective against a zone if the defense is just packed into the paint.

The zone is without a doubt killing us again this season. Its not that hard to ball screen on if you run a set play or 2. Lykes is perfect for that shot

Advertisement
Getting people in their best positions on offense, which means using Newton’s driving, Brown’s slashing, Lawrence and DJ’s set 3 pt shooting. And get Walker an early dunk before he starts jacking 3s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Advertisement
OK here we go. We have had all week to work on the 1/2 court offense against the zone. IMO we need to see today at least one of the following or the season will be over very early.

At least an ATTEMPT today at

better ball rotation - a lot better
An inside out game with Huell + 15 to at least attempt to get their productive center in FT
A weave of some sort or some **** motion - standing around is not working
Some set plays - some simple ball screens and give and go's off picks

We of course want to run as much as possible but the 1/2 court offense had to be a top priority all week in practice or there is not much point in watching this live anymore. UL coming to town and then FSU in Tally we have to win at least one of these 3 or the wheels are off

OK here we go. We have had all week to work on the 1/2 court offense against the zone. IMO we need to see today at least one of the following or the season will be over very early.

An inside out game with Huell + 15 to at least attempt to get their productive center in FT

We of course want to run as much as possible but the 1/2 court offense had to be a top priority all week in practice or there is not much point in watching this live anymore. UL coming to town and then FSU in Tally we have to win at least one of these 3 or the wheels are off
Vegas has us as a 1 point favorite. If they handicapped game based on recent performance I believe we should be an underdog. It seems Vegas feels we have better players and we will play up to our ability. Tough call.

Unless we make some changes we pretty much have to shoot 60% to beat anybody. I'm not gonna bother watching it live today

Miami (FL) Hurricanes
11th ACC D-I | 13-4

Field Goal %
72nd
47.0 FG%
3-point %
190th
34.7 3P%
Points Scored
330th
1245 Pts
Total Rebounds
139th

Last edited:

Was this in response to my question? Because it still remains unanswered.

Advertisement
Back