Three Questions

Consigliere

All-American
1. What are your expectations, from a win/loss perspective, this season?

2. Where do we finish in the conference?

3. Do we make the NCAAT?

Advertisement
TBH idk we have some talent but no true PG unless newton makes huge jump not sure about W/L

We are the fourth best in conference

I think we make the tourney

I think we win 22 games. We finish 6th or 7th in the conference. Yes we make the NCAA tournament. I believe we start off quick then take a little hiccup as soon as conference play starts and then finish strong.

We should start out very strong as our non-conference schedule is pretty weak, but the ACC us very deep this year.

1. I think we win at least 20 games

2. Finish 6th in ACC with a good ACCT showing

3. Make thr tourney probably seeded anywhere between 8-11.

More youth, less transfers, playing this year and the ACC looks to have a lot of depth, which leads to:

1. 18-22 wins
2. 5-8th in the ACC
3. Yes to the NCAAT, but we might have to sweat it out

Newton is the key, IMO. More control, fewer turnovers, and I hope he improved his three point shooting. Assist/TO ratio was 1.15x last year. Teams started sagging on him halfway through last season to stop his penetration and he never looked very confident with his jump shot beyond 15 feet or so.

Advertisement
I predict that we will need two wins in the ACCT to go from bubble-in to in. How's that for a specific prediction?

Big man play will be interesting. Excited about Brown. Can Newton take over at point successfully. How will DJ play. Can Muhammad put up numbers.

1. 18-20 wins
2. 7-8 (think we can beat out Clemson but maybe not VT)
3. Win an ACC tourney game then yes

I think we get close to twenty wins, about 6-7 in the conference, and we make it in as a low seed in the tourney (9-10).
I think we've got tons of talent, but the youth will show. I think next year we will be a major contender

More youth, less transfers, playing this year and the ACC looks to have a lot of depth, which leads to:

1. 18-22 wins
2. 5-8th in the ACC

Newton is the key, IMO. More control, fewer turnovers, and I hope he improved his three point shooting. Assist/TO ratio was 1.15x last year. Teams started sagging on him halfway through last season to stop his penetration and he never looked very confident with his jump shot beyond 15 feet or so.

I am pretty much feel the same way.

1. 20 Wins
2. 6th in the ACC
3. Yes

I don't feel super confident with Newton at PG. He still doesn't have a quality jump shot and he isn't the distributor we need IMO. I would like him at the 2 instead.

Advertisement

1. 18-22 wins
2. 5-8th in the ACC

I am pretty much feel the same way.

1. 20 Wins
2. 6th in the ACC
3. Yes

I don't feel super confident with Newton at PG. He still doesn't have a quality jump shot and he isn't the distributor we need IMO. I would like him at the 2 instead.

This. Newton scares me. He's very athletic and at times he's our "best" player out there on the floor. But then he has his WTF? moments. If he can have less of those and play more consistently we'll be okay, but I definitely agree that not having a true PG is going to hurt.

I still see this being a tourney team, but at the very least I'd think a 1 or 2 seed in the NIT.

1. I'll have to look at the schedule closely and get back to you
2. I'll have to look at the conference and get back to you
3. Yes

Advertisement
I think we get close to twenty wins, about 6-7 in the conference, and we make it in as a low seed in the tourney (9-10).
I think we've got tons of talent, but the youth will show. I think next year we will be a major contender

If we only win 6/7 conference games were not gonna even be on the bubble

Advertisement
1. 20+ wins
2. 4-7th
3. Will make the NCAAT and most likely be in the 8/9 game

This is the reload year people, but unlike previous eras, Miami is still a contender while reloading. That said, if Quan takes a step forward, those expectations can change drastically. Miami has the athleticism to be a thorn in the side of more talented teams, just because the 'Canes should be able to force turnovers in bunches.

[]_[] swag;2697525 said:
Didnt realize how much everyone doubts Newton. I think he's Gonna have a big year

I don't know if Newton is a starting PG. Some guys are spark plug types that are best served coming off the bench. I'm hoping that 'Quan developed a jumper, and can live with distributing, but I don't know if that's in his nature. He a scoring PG, and I don't know if that is what Miami needs him to be. Angel figured that out last year, he started to be more of a guy that got his when he could, but was looking to get things going for others first.

Advertisement
Back