Thoughts

imurcane

Banned
Banned
Did we lose due to poor coaching? I already said I didn't see the game, I was on the road. All I have is a box score and some board comments.

Honestly, as the number 3 team in the nation, I don't give a **** that we are thin on arms. Whoever is 3 or 4 in the rotation should be superior to what BC, a team that didn't even make its conference tourney, would run out there. I can live with the result today if we come out tomorrow balls over the walls! Balls to the walls just sounds like a long out! Sure there is some consolation that UF, USC, and LVille lost today along with an AM loss last night. But it will mean didley if we don't advance tomorrow.

Advertisement
I would say poor decisions by Morris/Dimare with a combination of bad play....the main ones was he decided to bunt Ruiz in the 4th after a 2 HR game and had a hit with a RBI and the Chester hit and run. Again Ruiz is probably our hottest hitter at the moment. That first inning and a half bit us and if Abreu lets that ball hop it's probably a 3-3 tie at the end...but if Dimare doesn't wave Collins to third Ruiz scores him and Abreu scores Ruiz. Overall from the coaching to the play on the field, it was sloppy and unsound baseball

Last edited:
I would say poor decisions by Morris/Dimare with a combination of bad play....the main ones was he decided to bunt Ruiz in the 4th after a 2 HR game and had a hit with a RBI and the Chester hit and run. Again Ruiz is probably our hottest hitter at the moment. That first inning and a half bit us and if Abreu lets that ball hop it's probably a 3-3 tie at the end...but if Dimare doesn't wave Collins to third Ruiz scores him and Abreu scores Ruiz. Overall from the coaching to the play on the field, it was sloppy and unsound baseball

This

Advertisement
Back