This Miami Team....

reminds me so much of the 2013-14 National Championship UConn team. UConn even had to go through Villanova...playing as an underdog to make the Sweet16. Both teams with a PG with Puerto Rican roots who wore the #13 (Shabazz & Angel). As a matter of fact UConn was the underdog in 5 of the 6 games on their way to the National Championship. Playing with a chip on their shoulder after being banned the previous year is somewhat similar to the lack of respect Miami is getting from the national media. UConn never got any respect either despite winning it all with Kemba a few years before Bazz.

The fact that you have a seasoned coach who arguably is one of the top 3 in the country should pay dividends in this second two game tournament with a Final4 birth on the line. Having a CHIP on your SHOULDER has so much value when you have the talent to back it up. I also have the UConn blueprint to beating Villanova from a strategy perspective.

Advertisement
“I told Ivan [Cruz Uceda] in warmups, I was like, ‘Man, today I just feel different,’ ” Rodriguez said. “I had a really good energy about the team, and I just seemed to come out on fire.”

I just hope we can start having complete games from here on out. I feel good about our chances vs Nova but at the same time they are a very good team that could blow us out if we are not mentally ready.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back