The official not Miami related, but what sport did you play?

Advertisement
In high school I played football, baseball, and wrestled.
I played left tackle in a Wing T offense. I DHed and played first base. I wrestled heavyweight, and won my region, but got screwed in state.
I played right guard at Valdosta State U, and Mike Leach was my OL coach. And yes, he is that weird!
Lifting weights, I was the guy who could jump out of the gym with the 225 bench press, so to speak. But I never was able to press over 405. Ya know put 300 on a bench and Id go to town, but put a dime over 405 and I was in a tough spot. Its kinda funny now thinking about it.

Baseball, soccer, and track (cross country as the indoor season conflicted with my other sports schedules).

My HS didn't have a football team.

In high school I played football, baseball, and wrestled.
I played left tackle in a Wing T offense. I DHed and played first base. I wrestled heavyweight, and won my region, but got screwed in state.
I played right guard at Valdosta State U, and Mike Leach was my OL coach. And yes, he is that weird!
Lifting weights, I was the guy who could jump out of the gym with the 225 bench press, so to speak. But I never was able to press over 405. Ya know put 300 on a bench and Id go to town, but put a dime over 405 and I was in a tough spot. Its kinda funny now thinking about it.
I say anything over 300lbs is 90% mental

Advertisement
You might be right. I could bench two sets of 20 @ 225, with a max of 27 reps. I have longer arms, so I always felt like I was bringing the weight down and back up a longer way.

Btw did anyone else hate squatting? Man I didnt like it at all.

squating sucks when u tall too... most i did was 505 for like 5 reps

to the OP played football HS/College/NFL reject

Advertisement
Played LT at Columbus High
Walked on @ UCF in 2002 under Coach Kruczek
Max bench 405lb
Max Squat 650lb
Blew out my ankle 2 weeks before fall camp 2003 and gave up football... worst mistake of my life.

Advertisement
Advertisement
High school: No sports, had to work.

College: Rugby. What a blast. Oh, and the parties after the games were good too. lol

Advertisement
Back