Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Advertisement
a look ahead to the fall boxing schedule..

Any word on Boots?

Nobody wants to fight that monster and I don’t blame them. I think he ends up being the Sugar Ray Robinson of this era

Advertisement
some thoughts on Canelo-Berlanga...

my latest..

Advertisement
Any word on Boots?

Nobody wants to fight that monster and I don’t blame them. I think he ends up being the Sugar Ray Robinson of this era
He’s only fought 5 12 round fights and none have gone even close to 12. He’s a great talent who still has a lot to prove. His best competition so far has been Lipinets who isn’t exactly world class…

It sounds like no one wants to fight him…
Maybe most of y’all’s GOAT, Bud Crawford, will fight him. He’s another one with a **** resume. Or Teo Lopez will have to step up and fight him.

Really boxing is frustrating now more than ever because of the amount of money being thrown at these guys. No one wants to fight anyone good because why would they…

Maybe most of y’all’s GOAT, Bud Crawford, will fight him. He’s another one with a **** resume. Or Teo Lopez will have to step up and fight him.

Really boxing is frustrating now more than ever because of the amount of money being thrown at these guys. No one wants to fight anyone good because why would they…

Bud is avoiding Boots because he's chasing that Canelo money. Too much risk and very little reward to fight an upcoming stud at this point in his career. And Bud has not really had any big money fights other than Spence who he was chasing to fight forever. But other than that, what fighters are Bud or Boots avoiding? There aren't a bunch of great fighters like there used to be. NO ONE wants to fight Boots.

Floyd ruined the game with his blueprint of being a troll and carefully selecting fights with the least risk and most leverage points on his side while making the most money. Him becoming the face of boxing was the worst thing that could happen to boxing.

When De la Hoya was the face of boxing he at least took on everyone in their primes and VERY often. Pernell, Ike Quarter, Oba Carr, Felix Trinidad, Chop Chop, Mosley (twice) , Vargas, B-Hop, Floyd and **** he even fought Manny when he was is his prime although Floyd was avoiding him like the plague. Oscar defending his title 5 times in one year alone and those opponents had a combined record of something insane like 160-5. Floyd ****ed up the game and I don't see how it recovers.

Advertisement
Bud is avoiding Boots because he's chasing that Canelo money. Too much risk and very little reward to fight an upcoming stud at this point in his career. And Bud has not really had any big money fights other than Spence who he was chasing to fight forever. But other than that, what fighters are Bud or Boots avoiding? There aren't a bunch of great fighters like there used to be. NO ONE wants to fight Boots.

Floyd ruined the game with his blueprint of being a troll and carefully selecting fights with the least risk and most leverage points on his side while making the most money. Him becoming the face of boxing was the worst thing that could happen to boxing.

When De la Hoya was the face of boxing he at least took on everyone in their primes and VERY often. Pernell, Ike Quarter, Oba Carr, Felix Trinidad, Chop Chop, Mosley (twice) , Vargas, B-Hop, Floyd and **** he even fought Manny when he was is his prime although Floyd was avoiding him like the plague. Oscar defending his title 5 times in one year alone and those opponents had a combined record of something insane like 160-5. Floyd ****ed up the game and I don't see how it recovers.
This floyd narrative is old brotha do some research lol. Floyd consistently fought the top guys where he was at, you cant say him of all people messed up the game. Its been proven floyd wanted the manny fight earlier, manny said he didn’t want to take random drug testing

Maybe the perception of being undefeated means you’re greater than others did because fighters nowadays try to protect their 0. Alot of it today is just the companies are cool with keeping everything in house to get the most money out of their stars before their stock drops.

Very few fighters today are just flat out ducking, its business more times than not..A blatant duck like canelo did with benavidez is rare, thats the guy u should place blame on not floyd

This floyd narrative is old brotha do some research lol. Floyd consistently fought the top guys where he was at, you cant say him of all people messed up the game. Its been proven floyd wanted the manny fight earlier, manny said he didn’t want to take random drug testing

Maybe the perception of being undefeated means you’re greater than others did because fighters nowadays try to protect their 0. Alot of it today is just the companies are cool with keeping everything in house to get the most money out of their stars before their stock drops.

Very few fighters today are just flat out ducking, its business more times than not..A blatant duck like canelo did with benavidez is rare, thats the guy u should place blame on not floyd
lol. Canelo has fought everyone and their mother while jumping all the way up to light heavy where he has no business. Canelo looks half to size of his opponents.

The Floyd thing isn’t a narrative and research isn’t needed, I was a big fan of “pretty boy” and watched all his fights. He was smart in orchestrating his career the way he did. From Genaro Hernandez when he was already cooked, to Canelo when he was still 22 and too young to have the boxing IQ needed, to dodging Manny in his prime and being quoted saying he was scared for his well being, to Oscar when he was as over the hill and still almost losing. Not to mention getting walked down and looking losing to Maidana and Jose Luis Castillo(blatant robbery). Floyd is one of the greatest lightweights ever, but not better than many in their primes (Chavez, Duran, Pryor, Oscar, Mosley and others)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back