Tell me I am approaching this correctly

This FSU team has done something very rare: between the success of Dumbo Fisher, Squinty the rapist's transgressions, their recruiting in South Florida, and the corruption that enables them...they've eclipsed Notre Dame in the annoyance factor.

I'm just plain sick of them, and will be rooting hardcore for ND to knock them off their perch. The fun thing is, even if ND does run through their schedule undefeated, all they gain is a nice helping of $EC whoopass waiting for them, which, considering their recent history, would sting them enough as to make it worth it.

Advertisement
This is one of those weird cases where I'll root for the Irish. Bigger deal for us and I can go ahead and root for them to get tripped up somewhere down the line.

That's *** as 3 dogs in 1 kennel.

I feel you, man. It's a brutal position. I hate the Irish with all of my being. My best friend simply went to a Notre Dame game with some Chicago buddies and, for years, hasn't been able to live that down. Typically, I could just say "**** it, we'll beat FSU." But, FSU is a runaway train in relation to us right now and I think the Irish will lose later. The only team I hate more than the Irish are the Gators. So, as you can see, this is a forced decision.

Advertisement
I want fsu to win!

ND loses .. Winston gets suspended after .. Fsu loses 2-3 without Winston .. Both eliminated.

It's so obvious and easy. I can't believe the cawlksuckerdness that is infiltrating this thread.

Forgive us if we don't have much faith in Winston's suspension or surefire FSU losses. If someone could assure me they'd lose, even in the playoffs, I'd stomach rooting for FSU.

I am rooting for FSU to lose more than Notre Dame or any other team on their schedule to win. I don't care who they play, **** 'em.

Lu and I have the same thought on this. I know it's wacky, that's why I started the thread.

I understand we are suppose to hate Golden and wish for him to not succeed so he can get fired and all.

But why as Miami fans would we want #2 FSU to loose when we could be the ones to do that? I would much rather us do it. Cause boy I wouldn't be able to wait to rub it into my FSU friends and co-worker faces after all the bs I been hearing from them the last few years.

Advertisement
This is one of those weird cases where I'll root for the Irish. Bigger deal for us and I can go ahead and root for them to get tripped up somewhere down the line.

Why is it a bigger deal for us? Are you talking recruiting?

As for ND, look at their schedule...they have ASU on the road and at USC. Those teams are not very good.

I look at it as a win win. One of those programs will be losing a playoff spot on Saturday

I think ND is the safer choice. I feel like a lot of recruits are taking their OV to FSU this weekend and we don't want them to win with all of them there.

Advertisement

Why is it a bigger deal for us? Are you talking recruiting?

As for ND, look at their schedule...they have ASU on the road and at USC. Those teams are not very good.

Yes. I'm talking the ongoing impressions of 16-18 year olds. ND can get into the playoffs and get smoked. FSU, with Winston, maybe, but less likely. This is a way to root for both teams to get nuked. It's a really tough call because of how I feel about ND and everything they stand for (which is, like the Gates, actually worse than FSU).

I want fsu to win!

ND loses .. Winston gets suspended after .. Fsu loses 2-3 without Winston .. Both eliminated.

It's so obvious and easy. I can't believe the cawlksuckerdness that is infiltrating this thread.

Forgive us if we don't have much faith in Winston's suspension or surefire FSU losses. If someone could assure me they'd lose, even in the playoffs, I'd stomach rooting for FSU.

I can assure you. Without QB1 they won't win the NC.

Anyone rooting for FSU, ever, in any capacity, is a ******* simpleton.

This isn't 1994, mother****ers. Some of you'll cowards rooted for FSU against 'de SEC' back in January.

That's ******* lunacy, and it's infecting this thread again.

Advertisement
I have never sided with the Irish, but I will be Saturday. FSU is a pure bottom feeder right now, and any loss they take is better for us. Notre Dame is meaningless to us.

Bottom Feeder? What does that make us ? fsu will blow out nd

I only root for FSU to beat ND, Florida, and VT. I root for everyone to beat ND.

I dont want fsu to beat the gators this year we cant have them get everybody they want in recruits. I dont think we have a chance so fsu sweeping the state of FL again could hurt everybody

I get the hate for ND, in fact I think we all hate them. If we're being honest, I want ND to cease to exist.

But how anyone can actually root for this F$U team is simply beyond me. Why the F do you want to see them get a win over a highly ranked team at home on national tv? (thus likely ensuring their spot in the 4 team playoff.) Why do you want Jimbob and his jackass quarterback to win ANY games? I wouldn't care if they never won a game again. I wouldn't care if the whole school got swallowed by a large sinkhole.

Advertisement
Back