Something I've Pondered

wherrera8

Senior
Banned
I like the Big Ten ACC challenge. I think it's a neat way of bringing two of the top basketball conferences together to play some games. I do think it could improve though.

I was thinking that each team has a date scheduled where they will play a team from the opposing conference. At some point after the season has begun, I think the conferences should see which teams are the highest ranked in each conference and pair all the 1's against each other; 2's against each other,etc. I feel like it's a more even way of matching each conference's team with the opposing conferences respective team. The top games would be so competitive and make for great match ups and the bottom teams would just be playing an even team.

Thoughts? Wonder if we could see something like this implemented.

Advertisement
I like the Big Ten ACC challenge. I think it's a neat way of bringing two of the top basketball conferences together to play some games. I do think it could improve though.

I was thinking that each team has a date scheduled where they will play a team from the opposing conference. At some point after the season has begun, I think the conferences should see which teams are the highest ranked in each conference and pair all the 1's against each other; 2's against each other,etc. I feel like it's a more even way of matching each conference's team with the opposing conferences respective team. The top games would be so competitive and make for great match ups and the bottom teams would just be playing an even team.

Once conference play begins, i dont think its a great idea. The mid-majors have the bracket busters games that are similar but Power conferences dont need it. It would be stricktly for the fans so i doubt you'd see it other than early season holiday tournies and ncaa/nit etc.

Once conference play begins, i dont think its a great idea. The mid-majors have the bracket busters games that are similar but Power conferences dont need it. It would be stricktly for the fans so i doubt you'd see it other than early season holiday tournies and ncaa/nit etc.

No no. I mean leave it where it is on the schedule, just match teams based on the same ranking within their respective conference.

No no. I mean leave it where it is on the schedule, just match teams based on the same ranking within their respective conference.

There's no conference ranking without conference play... Right now, everybody in the ACC are 0-0 in conference! How can you decide who's better between a 3-0 team with wins against ****** teams vs a 1-2 team with loses against Top25 teams...

Advertisement

There's no conference ranking without conference play... Right now, everybody in the ACC are 0-0 in conference! How can you decide who's better between a 3-0 team with wins against ****ty teams vs a 1-2 team with loses against Top25 teams...

Use the national rankings is what I was thinking.

Advertisement
Back