So, tell me about Charlotte

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Is Michael Jordan still the owner? Is that little white former NBA guard, Hornaeck, still the coach?

Advertisement
I heard they play the ACC Football Title game there, but that's not relevant to Miami.

The Queen city. In Mecklenburg County. Take the kids to Discover Place, a Charlotte Knights game, or a short 20 minute ride south to Carowinds if you are in town.

NASCAR hall of fame is there. You know, if you're into that kind of stuff...
tumblr_m981vnEIbj1qc9adto3_500.gif

Advertisement
Here's a fun fact

The nickname "49ers" derives from the fact that the university's predecessor—Charlotte Center of the University of North Carolina (CCUNC - established in 1946) was saved from being shut down by the state in 1949 by Bonnie Cone, when the Charlotte Center became Charlotte College. Due to this "49er spirit" that Cone felt embodied the University, referring to the settlers that endured much hardships in traveling across the United States to seek fortune in the California Gold Rush, students of the fledgling UNC Charlotte chose "49ers" as the school's mascot. The fact that the site of the U.S.'s first major gold discovery, Reed's Gold Mine, is located nearby may also be a contributing factor to the nickname. The fact that the University's Main Campus front entrance is located on North Carolina Highway 49 is pure coincidence.

Here's a fun fact

The nickname "49ers" derives from the fact that the university's predecessor—Charlotte Center of the University of North Carolina (CCUNC - established in 1946) was saved from being shut down by the state in 1949 by Bonnie Cone, when the Charlotte Center became Charlotte College. Due to this "49er spirit" that Cone felt embodied the University, referring to the settlers that endured much hardships in traveling across the United States to seek fortune in the California Gold Rush, students of the fledgling UNC Charlotte chose "49ers" as the school's mascot. The fact that the site of the U.S.'s first major gold discovery, Reed's Gold Mine, is located nearby may also be a contributing factor to the nickname. The fact that the University's Main Campus front entrance is located on North Carolina Highway 49 is pure coincidence.

That's a lot of 49's

Mark Price is the new HC there, they have played miserably so far this year but have no fear they will have a great game against us, every lesser team always does.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back