Shannon, Miami settle pay dispute

CaneSuger

Thunderdome
CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Randy Shannon will not be fighting the Miami Hurricanes in a courtroom.

The university said Tuesday that a breach-of-contract lawsuit the former Hurricanes football coach filed in late April over money he said he was denied after his firing has been settled. Financial terms of the settlement were not released, largely because Shannon's contract with the school required him to keep such details confidential.

The lawsuit was filed in Miami on April 27.

"Contract issues between the University of Miami and Randy Shannon have been fully, fairly and amicably resolved," the university said in a statement. "We are grateful for Coach Shannon's service as a player, assistant and head coach. Coach Shannon will always be a Miami Hurricane."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/05/2834374/shannon-miami-settle-pay-dispute.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know I'm in the minority, but I don't hate the coaches once they're gone.

He was in over his head, and it didn't work out.

He's still a Cane.

He's still a Cane.

Seriously thank you Obviously the guy wasn't ready to be a head coach but he was a **** good D coordinator and a cane for life. Also trust me Randy might have saved UM from worse penalties that they are facing...

He's still a Cane.

Seriously thank you Obviously the guy wasn't ready to be a head coach but he was a **** good D coordinator and a cane for life. Also trust me Randy might have saved UM from worse penalties that they are facing...

exactly. shannon might not have been a good head coach but he did a lot of good for the program. he put a lot of focus into the classroom and it helps now. that is part of golden's recruiting strategy is how good our academics are and how the players are STUDENT-athletes. also he knew shapiro was a bad dude and told his staff and team to stay away.

Advertisement
I agree big time, way over his head. He should of been paying the school for the poor showing he was putting on the field

He's still a Cane.

pay that ***** in

6.jpg

Who is to blame. Randy for sucking, or the administration for hiring him. He's fired, I'm over his ***** ups.

Advertisement
Bottom line: It was then UM AD paul dee who gave randy the contract. Randy riling suit to force UM to fulfill the contract isnt on Randy. He was promised a bonus if he took a team to a bowl game and he did. He gets that money. Why? Because Paul Dee promised it in writing.

Advertisement
Bottom line: It was then UM AD paul dee who gave randy the contract. Randy riling suit to force UM to fulfill the contract isnt on Randy. He was promised a bonus if he took a team to a bowl game and he did. He gets that money. Why? Because Paul Dee promised it in writing.

Didntn Holcutt give him the extension? Didnt Holcutt continue to allow Shapiro to roam around our campus? Why does Holcutt get a pass, when he bailed at the first sign of trouble?

Randy should burn in **** for the damage he did to our school

What about the people who hired them? don't matter. the whole situation was a failure but you on the other hand have a deformed planet of the ape thing as an advatar on a football message board.

He's still a Cane.

exactly. shannon might not have been a good head coach but he did a lot of good for the program. he put a lot of focus into the classroom and it helps now. that is part of golden's recruiting strategy is how good our academics are and how the players are STUDENT-athletes. also he knew shapiro was a bad dude and told his staff and team to stay away.

Advertisement
Back