Shannon Dawson: “They put everyone in the box, which was kind of shocking”

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Through 3 games against FBS teams (FCS teams excluded), Miami ranks second nationally in PPG (51), first nationally in yards per play (9.2) and first nationally in passing yards (432 YPG). Shannon Dawson met with reporters to discuss the offense and the upcoming game against Virginia Tech:

On Isaiah Horton: He's obviously got that potential. The more opportunities he gets, the more plays he'll make. Very talented dude. Just do what you do, stay positive, and when you get your...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
On the running game: They came out and they put everybody in the box, which was kind of shocking to me. I think we're good at both, so you pick your poison. Which one do you want to defend? If you want to do what South Florida did and put everybody in the box and play man coverage, then we're probably not going to have a lot of explosive runs.

Go figure

Advertisement
Advertisement
Crazy some fans wanted to get rid of him. Anyone with a room temperature iq can see it was qb play handcuffing us last year.
Yeah until TVD turned the ball over 6 times in two weeks Dawson was letting him air it out. Had to handcuff the offense or else Canes turn it over 30 times last year.

It was always silly to me that people wanted Dawson gone. I’ve preached for a long time the turn around from imo the worst offense (2022) UM has had since Freeman in 07 to a top 30 unit was beyond impressive last year.

I love that for all our coaches and players the very next game is our "biggest challenge to date". The more we can psych everyone up that VT is the 98 Rams on offense and the 85 Bears on defense (and so is Duke, and GT, and Cal etc) the better we prepare.
honestly, the schedule over the next several weeks kinda does that for us. VT is the first ACC opponent, cal is better than VT, louisville is better than cal, FSU is a rival who will be all the way in trying to play spoiler.

Advertisement
Back