Sean Spence picking it up quick in Pittsburgh

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
But Butler seemed pleased with what he has seen thus far in some junior members of the linebacker corps, with one caveat: "Here's the deal -- they all look good in shorts. Its almost like a beauty contest. But, when the hittin' starts, we'll find out about 'em."

He has found out, however, that third-round pick Sean Spence -- who made an eye-catching interception in drills yesterday -- is a quick study and likely will see game action this season.

"He's coming along well. A very sharp young man. He's picking up our system as good as anybody has at this point," Butler said.

"He's showed me some things ... I wouldn't say he's not going to play. The fact of the matter is, since I've been here, we've never had a rookie start for us -- not Lawrence Timmons, not LaMarr Woodley, not anybody. So we'll see with him. He may not start, but he's probably going to get some playing time."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories...acing-farrior-isnt-easy-639474/#ixzz1xKcOSiXd

Advertisement
Advertisement
Added DC **** LeBeau,

"He's done everything any first-year player could do in coaching sessions without pads.

I think we're in the right direction there."

Advertisement
well kid played middle for MNW...and played backer since his little league days...

The key for him was getting down the scheme...so he can play how spence plays and thats with anticipation, shooting gaps, etc..at his size he can be Hesitant because he's small...considering he picked p the d fast....dont think it will be long before he's knocking on the starting lb door..and thats amazing.

Him and Lavonte David im proud of...because those 2 put in real work to get to where they are.

According to most of the posters on these boards Spence sucked while he was here because he was too small and too slow. Wouldn't have played for a good team. Etc. etc.

No cowboy most intelligent posters and I think we have quite a few on this site. We knew sean was as good as advertised. I think some folks took him for granted.

Advertisement
Dude could play for Satan's army and i'd still root for him. Good to see him doing it his way.

Advertisement
Back