Scheduling

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
There have been a lot of great intra conference heavyweight games this season. We need to schedule some of those going forward. I'd rather **** the bed early against good opposition (like Arizona has), then roll one cupcake after the next. It's boring and pointless to schedule so many of these.

Advertisement
I agree. Our SoS is currently 331 out of 351. It's hard to get excited when you're playing borderline D2 teams every night.

The crap scheduling doesn’t help us for ACC play either. There is no reason not to schedule 2-3 quality opponents each season. This doesn’t include any tourney or Big 10-ACC games either. It should be in addition to those games.

Advertisement
Agreed, we should at the very least be scheduling teams like Winthrop, UNC Wilmington, Bucknell, FGCU, Mount St Mary's, and Iona who seem to make it to the tournament every year. They would provide some competition early in the year and help the RPI over games against FAMU, UNF, etc.

Advertisement
I have no issue with an instate cupcake or two.

But I’m sure there are more than a few grittier mid majors who would have loved to travel to Miami in November.

I’d love to see us play someone like a Bucknell or Belmont for instance.

Last edited:
We don't have to schedule all top 25 teams to beef the schedule up significantly. We have played a Clemsonesque schedule up to this point. There are plenty of teams out there that would make for good tuneup games, and not undercut our RPI so much.

Advertisement
Back