Saturday's Happenings Elsewhere

hotshot

Sophomore
-What's up with FSU's blue, that's right, blue uniforms worn against Clemson? At least our black ones have our colors on them.

- Va Tech only loses to Kentucky by 7 and continues to score a ton of points. This is a tough league with Tech and Clemson and FSU all playing well. On the other hand, NC St loses to UNC-Greensboro and Syracuse struggles to beat mediocre G'town.

- With #3 Wichita St losing, maybe we move into top 5??

Advertisement
-What's up with FSU's blue, that's right, blue uniforms worn against Clemson? At least our black ones have our colors on them.

- Va Tech only loses to Kentucky by 7 and continues to score a ton of points. This is a tough league with Tech and Clemson and FSU all playing well. On the other hand, NC St loses to UNC-Greensboro and Syracuse struggles to beat mediocre G'town.

- With #3 Wichita St losing, maybe we move into top 5??

I was wondering the same thing. The "blue" is officially turquoise to honor Native American History Month

We could end up in the Top 5 in the AP Poll, but several of the teams behind us are probably more deserving (even with a loss). Hopefully it's an issue of playing to the competition but we haven't been particularly impressive, except against Minnesota. And maybe it's turning out that Minnesota isn't as strong as we all thought / hoped. Young teams get better as the season goes on though, so I'm still hopeful. You're right though; the ACC is going to be a bear. Every single team can beat you. I'm laughing at the SEC though. UK isn't as good as usual, but you know they'll be a legit top 10 team anyway. And Texas A&M is legit. But after that they've got nothing. Florida was hot stuff early in the season but has lost to three ACC teams in a row now. Auburn, Miss. State, Georgia, SC... They all have OOC schedules like ours or even worse but all picked up at least one loss. (I live near Amherst and watched UMass destroy Georgia yesterday. UMass is mediocre in ever way but just manhandled them.) It's going to be a shame when the ACC gets 7 teams in the tourney, leaving out a number of quality teams, while the SEC ends up getting something like 5 even though only two are any good.

Notre Dame loses again. NC State lost to UNC Greensboro. Seton Hall lost to Rutgers. Kansas almost lost to Nebraska. Xavier almost lost to East Tennessee State.

Interesting times

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back