Rivalry Week #1 UF vs #6 Miami

ErickMarreroU

Staff Writer
Premium
Rivalry week is here, BIG time matchup going down at the Light this week. #1 UF vs #6 Miami. UF claims this might be the best team they've ever had.

I'm pretty big UM baseball fan but someone with more knowledge tell me what makes this UF team so special and what does Miami have to do to at least win 2/3.

Also Miami will play against St. Thomas University on Wednesday.

Advertisement
Rivalry week is here, BIG time matchup going down at the Light this week. #1 UF vs #6 Miami. UF claims this might be the best team they've ever had.

I'm pretty big UM baseball fan but someone with more knowledge tell me what makes this UF team so special and what does Miami have to do to at least win 2/3.

Also Miami will play against St. Thomas University on Wednesday.
Get some ringers from the Marlins?

I don't pay much attention to the Crocs but believe they are returning about 80% of the team they took to the CWS last yr - and most of it is their big hitters. After they beat us they were favored to make the title game and choked like they do so well. They play good defense and hit

We need good pitching, fielding and hitting - key to game is scoring more runs :monkey-serious:

UF is ridiculously deep (and good!) on the mound. They have major league arm after major league arm. Shore and Puk on Friday/Saturday is as good as it gets in college baseball. From a lineup standpoint, Buddy Reed in CF is most likely going to be a top 5 pick overall, JJ Schwartz is probably the best hitter in college baseball, and Peter Alonso at 1B is finally healthy. They have had the top recruiting class several times over the past few years so they are talented at every position. Their bullpen has several power arms, including 2nd round pick freshman Brady Singer. It's going to be tough. Hopefully Woodrey can keep them off balance a little and the defense plays flawless behind him. I know everyone is going to freak out if we don't win every game 10-0 but it's only the 2nd weekend of the year. It's nice that it's at the Light. I didn't expect our rotation to look so dominant, even though it was Rutgers, and I'm really curious to see Mediavilla and Garcia in this type of game. Let's go Canes!

Advertisement
Back