Recruiting for canes basketball

CANEFAN83

Sophomore
How much does the win against no. 2 auburn and if we make the elite 8, do we get a top 10 class possibly following this excellent finish to this season? How much does this impact recruiting?

Maybe we can get a 1 and done player similar to a couple years ago under Coach L.

Advertisement
We have a pretty good, top-20 4 man class coming in. I doubt we'll sign any more HS players this cycle.

Adding impact transfers has to be the focus. Seems like we need a 4/5 and 2 guards. Would be great if they could hook Wong up with a NIL deal to get him to stay another year too, but I'm guessing he'll turn pro

How much does the win against no. 2 auburn and if we make the elite 8, do we get a top 10 class possibly following this excellent finish to this season? How much does this impact recruiting?

Maybe we can get a 1 and done player similar to a couple years ago under Coach L.

So we absolutely lose Charlie Moore, Kam McGusty, and Sam Waardenburg, which is two guards and a forward. We have signed all four of our commits, which includes one 4-star center, and three forwards (one a 4-star, the others are 3-stars). Guys like Isaiah Wong and Jordan Miller have remaining eligibility, but have played well.

Overall, while losing "age/experience" with Charlie/Sam/Kam, we have the players to replace Sam, but Charlie and Kam are harder to replace. Harlond Beverly will be healthy. Obviously, Jordan Miller will move to starter if he remains. I could see Coach L trying to get a veteran decision-maker from the Portal to replace Charlie, but I would expect that we would look to the rest of the existing team to replace McGusty's offense. Bensley and Wooga need to step it up next year.

Make the point to Isaiah that if he puts together another healthy year and is consistent, he might very well be drafted in the first round, as he is incredibly athletic, can switch to defend multiple positions, and takes some of the most challenging shots for the team with calmness and body composure.

1647972072633.webp

At this point I think the likelihood of Wong coming back is very low. When players have good tournament runs, which Wong is having right now, they have to leave that year and strike when the iron is hot.

At this point I think the likelihood of Wong coming back is very low. When players have good tournament runs, which Wong is having right now, they have to leave that year and strike when the iron is hot.
I hope you’re wrong but chances are you’re not.

Advertisement
Wong isn't going to make an NBA roster. We can compete with Europe or wherever financially IMO. It will depend on how much he listens to all the bad subjective advice he will get.

Miler is coming back IMO. He will have a chance to really shine and lead.

Wong isn't going to make an NBA roster. We can compete with Europe or wherever financially IMO. It will depend on how much he listens to all the bad subjective advice he will get.

Miler is coming back IMO. He will have a chance to really shine and lead.
Guarantee Wong comes back unless we make Final Four based on his performance these next two games. He comes from a family that very much values education and coach L.

The college basketball recruiting landscape is not what it was in the past. The transfer portal has killed HS recruiting. College coaches are turning to the portal more and more everyday than they are to the HS ranks. I think there is no question that this run will definitely make Miami more attractive in the eyes of many of the top recruits and top guys in the portal. However, closing the deal on those recruits is a whole nother story. I think Miami is looking at the portal and have prioritized getting a big man. Needless to say if Wong decides to go, they'll look to add a guard who can score.

Advertisement
There's a 6'10" 240lb 8th grader walking around Dade County, that our staff needs to get on. NOW! Need to get a head start on the rest of the state/country on this kid. Kid still has a ways to go, but has superstar written all over him. He created quite a buzz this weekend playing in Orlando.

The college basketball recruiting landscape is not what it was in the past. The transfer portal has killed HS recruiting. College coaches are turning to the portal more and more everyday than they are to the HS ranks. I think there is no question that this run will definitely make Miami more attractive in the eyes of many of the top recruits and top guys in the portal. However, closing the deal on those recruits is a whole nother story. I think Miami is looking at the portal and have prioritized getting a big man. Needless to say if Wong decides to go, they'll look to add a guard who can score.
speaking with college coaches : Portal, Junior College, Prep School, High School

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back