Recruiting and Draft

capefearcane

Band
Banned
Our reaching the sweet 16 and hopefully further should bode well for recruiting + the ACC's dance dominance will enhance the overall sense of playing in the bigs. Tangentially BB status will help other sports as well conveying an image to all recruits that the U is committed to sports excellence.
Re the draft, who goes and how high? Will anyone take a chance on Angel?

Advertisement
I think Sheldon goes in the second round and Angel goes overseas. I don't think an NBA team will take a chance on him due to his inconsistency and size.

If I were to make an educated guess from the things I've from various outlets online over the past couple seasons Sheldon will go early second round, with a slight chance to make it into the late first round depending on an outstanding performance in the tournament. Then I would say Tonye gets a couple workouts and a spot on a D-League team, with the hopes that they can get him to play tough down low and finish hard at the rim. Then I would say Angel maybe gets a workout and ends up overseas. Guys his size just don't get a draft look unless they consistently control the game while they were in college, a la Shane Larkin, Allen Iverson, Nate Robinson, etc.

I was looking at some mock drafts this morning all over the internet. The ones I found that listed 2nd round predictions had Sheldon going either 52 or 54, both picks are Celtics picks. I would like to see him go to a worse team so that he has a better shot at cracking the roster, because I doubt he is getting a guaranteed contract in either of those slots.

Advertisement
Back