Proud of our young men.

Advertisement
They legged out the W.

Willpower and Calm belief.

Some you folks might know me from the football forum. Appreciate all things UM. Canes.
Well that’s all good but those of us that have followed this team religiously see too many times when they underachieve and have to fight back just to edge out wins. So this time the ball bounced right in the end but we are not a team that can afford the luxury of Wong being a no show. He is the leader of this team and must take a prominent role or this dance will be a short one. We were lucky as all heck and found a way to win …not a recipe for success.

Well that’s all good but those of us that have followed this team religiously see too many times when they underachieve and have to fight back just to edge out wins. So this time the ball bounced right in the end but we are not a team that can afford the luxury of Wong being a no show. He is the leader of this team and must take a prominent role or this dance will be a short one. We were lucky as all heck and found a way to win …not a recipe for success.
As L said postgame, Drake played the best defense we've faced this season. I agree with him. To give Drake zero credit is ridiculous. They totally negated Miller and Omier's spin moves in the paiint and, as u say, shut down Wong. Their big gun, the coach's son, went 1-13 from the floor. It happens.

As L said postgame, Drake played the best defense we've faced this season. I agree with him. To give Drake zero credit is ridiculous. They totally negated Miller and Omier's spin moves in the paiint and, as u say, shut down Wong. Their big gun, the coach's son, went 1-13 from the floor. It happens.
What is he going to say yes they were good but some early adjustments might have helped. Our offense was totally non agressive and lacked creativity. So you can blame the horrible offensive showing on Drakes great defense or take this as a learning experience and find ways to adjust.

Well look at this way. They can't play any worse. I feel they will learn from this game and come out firing next round.

Advertisement
The focus was on the mid range game in the 2nd half. Some ISO ball to try to get Wong going. We were running the high pick screens and getting what we wanted, they quit hedging out on the picks so we beat them off the dribble. Some good coaching all around. One thing I would be kicking myself as a Drake coach, when they went up 8, they should have pressed us. I get not wanting to give up easy baskets but they paid the price for it. L drew up 3 straight plays that worked to perfection if I'm not mistaken that led to us tying game.

Advertisement
Not gonna like I was mad as **** for most of that game. It's a different kinda mad than when teams are jacking up massive contested 3s and making them. I haven't seen the team play that badly in who knows how long. Hopefully whatever woke them up during L's last timeout lasts.

Advertisement
It is a recipe for success.

Stats don't win games, players do. Don't forget, these kids had a heart to heart while they were losing and turned things around(along with Coach L's move).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back