Props to Angel

NaplesCane

Portal transfer
Premium
Have to admit Angel was a very frustrating player to watch early on and I actually would be happy when coach took him out for Newton. In the second half of the season though he has completely changed his game becoming a true point guard distributing the ball, driving the lane and scoring on good looks. He has put this team on his shoulder with Sheldon. Angel hats off to you my brother!

Advertisement
Brought the team back from a loss yesterday. Was not about to lose his last home game of his career. He showed a tremendous amount of heart when the team was down.

He has been getting better and better this season and last night was his best game ever.
He has become a true point guard and a great team player and leader.
We will lean on him the rest of the season to bring this team to its peak.
There is a lot of talent on this team but Angel is the true leader.
Keep it going UM!!!

Congratulations on a great game and your marriage.

Pitino had some interesting post-game comments on Angel....

Senior Salute: [MENTION=89]canes[/MENTION]Hoops Tops Louisville, 73-65 - University of Miami Hurricanes Official Athletic Site

On Miami’s toughness
I think it’s experience. It’s a combination of both, it’s building something, you know like when you go to a Final Four, after your tournament, you’ve got to be tough enough to win four games to get there and it’s got to be consistency. Miami has all the tools because they shoot free throws well, they’re long, they’re physical, and they have experience. They have a good back court. You know, Angel’s tough in pick and rolls at the end of a game which you can isolate, and he’s a much different basketball player this year than he was last year. Last year he was out of control, he was erratic and he was heavy. This year he’s light, speedy, he’s smart, doing all the smart things, so you’ve got to give credit to a player who turns around his body, turns around his game like that. So they have all the little things, they’re very well coached, very well drilled, and they can be one of many teams that can win four games and get to a final four.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back