Presidential Rumors are swirling

Literally unless Carlos slim is donating $1B here, I'm not seeing why we'd choose Fenk over Stravidis. It must be that the BOT wants to hire someone with a medical background so that the Hospital can improve, and start making some money.

The Hospital, right now, is probably the most important thing for the school. If that starts making a lot of money, it puts the school in a really good position.

Or we hire a good fb coach and the wins bring in the money. Nick Saban is the best investment Alabama has ever made. Football payed for everything

We should definitely start spending more money on football. There are two things that we need to do: 1) Get an indoor practice facility. 2) Spend money for top coaches. It is obvious that winning championships in football makes the school more appealing. ****, that is basically the reason I go here. If I didn't grow up seeing the early 2000's teams, and the players play in the NFL, I definitely wouldn't have even thought of applying to a school across the country.
I think we need to go after Chud after we fire Golden this year. He could bring in Dorsey as OC and QB coach. Keep Ice as RB coach. Keep Beard as WR coach. Chud can coach TE's. Keep Kehoe as OL coach. Butch as DC, and let him bring the defensive assistants he wants.
However, that doesn't mean that the most important thing to the school isn't the Hospital, because right now it is, and probably will always be.

As for if the Hospital is profitable, it was this year. But the years prior to 2014, it was losing millions each year. Still, the Hospital still needs to have more profit.

Advertisement
Willie had the news at 9:11am. Reynolds reports it at 4:19pm and subsequently bashes message boards. Hilarious Tim, I know your reading this

LOL that fat piece of ****'s whole day got ruined. You know he cares way too much about his make-believe "reputation" to take this one sitting down. Expect a whole bunch of passive-aggressive tweets.

From the looks of that rotund ****, he does quite a bit of sitting down.

Literally unless Carlos slim is donating $1B here, I'm not seeing why we'd choose Fenk over Stravidis. It must be that the BOT wants to hire someone with a medical background so that the Hospital can improve, and start making some money.

The Hospital, right now, is probably the most important thing for the school. If that starts making a lot of money, it puts the school in a really good position.

It already makes a lot of money. It is actually the schools biggest revenue stream. That's coming from the CFO himself.

Lot of medicare changes already on the books for 2017-- after Obama is gone so he can blame someone else for them. Donna GROSSLY overpaid for the hospital acquisition and the ROR will never be good. Any medicare cuts will hurt badly because the debt makes margins thin. Revenue increases have come at the expense of raiding city's hospital for medicare patients by UHealth doctors. You are right about the hospital being important. It is the anchor around the schools neck and is likely to sink The U. I have been doing M&A for almost 40 years. It is very hard to recover from overpaying badly on business like hospitals, pharma maybe but not hospital. Next scandal at THE U will no be a ncaa type but rather a FBI medicare fraud type at UHEALTH. That one will be Donna's fault too.

It already makes a lot of money. It is actually the schools biggest revenue stream. That's coming from the CFO himself.

Lot of medicare changes already on the books for 2017-- after Obama is gone so he can blame someone else for them. Donna GROSSLY overpaid for the hospital acquisition and the ROR will never be good. Any medicare cuts will hurt badly because the debt makes margins thin. Revenue increases have come at the expense of raiding city's hospital for medicare patients by UHealth doctors. You are right about the hospital being important. It is the anchor around the schools neck and is likely to sink The U. I have been doing M&A for almost 40 years. It is very hard to recover from overpaying badly on business like hospitals, pharma maybe but not hospital. Next scandal at THE U will no be a ncaa type but rather a FBI medicare fraud type at UHEALTH. That one will be Donna's fault too.

Oh woah. I am by no means in favor of it. I was just saying it's not in the red like some people think and actually makes money. But, yes I agree. Where do you do M&A? Love that stuff.

Revenue isn't profit. That Cedars monstrosity of a hospital has saddled us with debt. S&P downgraded our credit rating last year.

I meant profit. My bad. What they showed us in a presentation is that the hospital brings in the most profit. It actually floats the bill for a lot other parts of the school.

Just remember, figures don't lie but liars sure figure. Plus anything in a power point has 90% chance of being bs.

Advertisement

Does anyone know for sure if Donna is leaving Miami voluntarily or is she being pushed out because of the Med School fiasco? Haven't followed this situation with U Health that closely and am wondering if it's bad enough to bankrupt and shutter the university altogether if something isn't done quickly.

As for Dr Frenk, it's worth noting he is not just close with Carlos Slim. He is also involved with the Bill and Melinda Gate$ Foundation. More big money that might bail out the school if he's the President.

The three hospitals made over 130m combined last year...mostly at Sylvester. The Med School runs at a huge deficit though, so it nets out.

Does anyone know for sure if Donna is leaving Miami voluntarily or is she being pushed out because of the Med School fiasco? Haven't followed this situation with U Health that closely and am wondering if it's bad enough to bankrupt and shutter the university altogether if something isn't done quickly.

As for Dr Frenk, it's worth noting he is not just close with Carlos Slim. He is also involved with the Bill and Melinda Gate$ Foundation. More big money that might bail out the school if he's the President.

Lets just say if they're heavily reliant on Medicaid (not Medicare) patients then I wouldn't be surprised if she fcked something up big time

Lots of incentives for fraud when you have to make up for the low reimbursement rates.

Advertisement

Depends who you ask. I've heard that the BOT and Faculty got ****ed off because they voted no confidence on a few Deans, and she not only retained said deans, but extended them. This was the nail in the coffin.

It's all speculation though.

O

Lets just say if they're heavily reliant on Medicaid (not Medicare) patients then I wouldn't be surprised if she fcked something up big time

Lots of incentives for fraud when you have to make up for the low reimbursement rates.

Lol @ relying on Medicaid....Any hospital would go broke. The UM hospitals do not rely on Medicaid.

If that's any motivation behind choosing Frenk then it might be fool's gold. Of the monies the Troll Queen supposedly raised (it's cute when the amounts received vs pledged are actually accounted for), what % were from those glorified Clinton connections? Seems to me that they were mainly from local individuals and families that she worked or she just happened to be in office when they decided to give.

Last edited:
FWIW, I've heard that Donna was actually pushed out by the BOT.

I wouldn't be surprised if Feck gets chosen. He has experience in what the University wants to be known for, their Med/Health programs.

Even if Stavridis has more experience and a better resume overall, Feck has what the University is looking for. (FTR, I want Stavridis).

Advertisement
OCF is saying they will announce next Monday at noon.

Sounds right....pretty sure the BOT is meeting at 10:30 on Monday along with search committee members, and there is something at the student activities center to follow that around 12.

Advertisement
Oddly enough, if they would but look at Alabama, they'd see how it's done and they could improve on it.

Safe prediction: U Health is an atomic bomb that won't explode until we get a change of administrations in Washington and a new Attorney General who is more interested in investigating corruption in Government and among senior, well-connected Democrats.

Look no further than saloman melgen and his scandal with senator menendez

Tim Reynolds ‏@ByTimReynolds 40s41 seconds ago

I see a puff of white smoke from Coral Gables.

Seems like its a done deal.

That was actually a dust cloud from Tim fat-flopping into his crusty LaZBoy. Disregard.

If it's not Stavridis, I quit.

this

hate to say it but I can't take anymore of this crap

this university goes against almost everything I believe in, from their uppity snob administration, to their far left wing political bs, to what is basically an immigration policy for students

I just can't support this crap anymore as much as it breaks my heart

Advertisement
Back