Positives from an otherwise terrible game

shoutout to Kahil Brantley dude was laying out lbs and de's after motioning to other side of LOS. Him and Parrish paved the way for Garcia run for the 2-point conversion to win the game. smart by Gattis to not use Mallory or Skinner in that role
It only took Shattis 8 games to figure out Mallory cannot block. Crown him

Advertisement
As terrible as the game was, this is the hardest I've seen them fight in a while, certainly this season. The Defense kept getting let down by the offense, but they fought all game long. While some won't want to hear it, you cannot become a contender if you aren't willing to scrap like they did today.

Obviously LT is the real deal
Kam is a stud and will be our Jaquan Johnson for another year
Kelly looks like a player and he still has a ton of development ahead of him
O-line, while struggling, is in good hands with Anez moving forward and Francis next year. Maybe Nelson as well if he ever gets healthy.

That said, the offense was god awful. I've see more creative route tree concepts in backyard pickup games where the all-time QB draws the routes with his finger on the palm of his hand. There's no excuse to seeing 2 players running identical post patterns 5 yards apart, or 3 WR's running 5 yard comebacks all within 10 yards apart and nobody outside of the hashes. Garcia was cheeks today, but **** man, help the kid out with some creativity or space.

We just got blown out by Duke at home by 24 points. We suck. You take any win and be happy. This team isn’t winning a beauty contest this year.

Advertisement
I know we had a pretty good RB on that team, Pete Banazak. He went on to have a good career with the Oakland Raiders
We had some really good players back then. Just not enough of them. Kinda like what we’re currently seeing.

I’ve mentioned several times, fans that came on board during the championship years, have no clue what it was like beforehand.

I was at that game, the QB for ND was Zloch, a kid I played little league football with...he sucked!
2/2
Very cool you were there and knew there QB. I may or may not have been there. I know my pop took me to a bunch of games in the 60s. The game that stood out the most by far that I remember being at is the Florida Flop. The day I began to despise the Gators. All games b4 that are a little vague now, but from that game on, I remember all of them and Fins games too when George Wilson was HC.

We had some really good players back then. Just not enough of them. Kinda like what we’re currently seeing.

I’ve mentioned several times, fans that came on board during the championship years, have no clue what it was like beforehand.
💯
I remember going to a lot of practices. OJ Anderson. Chuck Foreman, etc
I remember us as having really good DTs then coach by legendary Harold Allen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back