Phil Steele's GOAT CFB preview book is out

Advertisement
Hate to say it but were closer to finishing last thena finshing first...I think he's right.. I DOUBT WE BEAT DUKE

Phil Steele's book is good for stats. For predictions, it's awful. We're probably not going to win the ACC or anything but we're not guaranteed to be last because Phil Steele says so either. Phil Steele is barely above Mike Bakas in terms of football analysis.

They both are terrible at it.

I enjoy reading Phil's annual football magazine, though take his predictions with a grain of salt.

He has the weirdest statistics....but they are always interesting to read.

Phil isn't unique in picking the Hurricanes to finish poorly. Lots of other magazines/bloggers/people in the business have said the same.

Respect has to be earned, and I don't have a problem with that.

Advertisement
He is generally regarded as one of the more accurate prognosticators. I have a feeling we prove him wrong though.

Steele's predictions were pretty good for a long time, but around 05 or so they seem to have hit the skids IIRC.

Either way, I can't fault any non-Cane fan for expecting bad things for us. On paper we're in bad shape.

Steele's predictions were pretty good for a long time, but around 05 or so they seem to have hit the skids IIRC.

Either way, I can't fault any non-Cane fan for expecting bad things for us. On paper we're in bad shape.

Last year I believe he was epically bad.

We will surprise a lot of people this year. I expect we will win at least 9 games.

All the off season work is going to reap huge benfits.

Advertisement
This is a 5 win team. The following year maybe 8 or 9, but most like 4-6 wins this year.

If Morris overachieves we can win 7, maybe at most 8, but I dont see it happening.

If this is a 5 win team then they flat out have no talent. That is not the case. 8 wins this year is a good year.

phil's definately way off base. just like the last few yrs when he gave us way too much credit and expected ACC contention

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back