Patrick Good-- Basketball

JayCane20

Seasoned Vet
Premium
This kid goes to my old HS (David Crockett HS in Jonesborough, TN), his dad took over as HC before his Soph. year, he was an assistant at a state powerhouse (science hill) the year before, where Patrick played as a freshman. He's only been here for 2 years and already holds the school record for career points. He scores 30+ on the regular, I've seen him score 50 a few times. He and his family are huge canes fans and always have been.

He's been wanting to play at UM his entire life. Assistants from Miami have been to a few of his games but no offer. There are highly rated guys above him on their list. He's got mostly D2 offers to this point, as well as ETSU, the local university here. Memphis has looked at him as well as VMI, Tennessee Tech, MTSU, Belmont, Lipscomb and a few others. Definitely the best shooter in the area and probably the best player within 2-3 hours, if not more around here.

Just wanted to put his name out here. On a side note, his brother plays at a local D2 and as a freshman led the conference in 3pt %. He's also a very good player, he got some late offers from D1 programs, but chose to stay local and play for a pretty legendary coach around here that his dad is very good friends with at King University, a D2 powerhouse in basketball.

I really want him to play at Miami, he's a great players that is going under the radar, possibly due to size, but just being completely honest he's the best player I've seen around here and I've seen players go to Bama, Georgetown, Tennessee, among others, and he's the best of them all. Here are his highlights on hudl:

Highlight Video - Patrick Good highlights

Advertisement
This kid goes to my old HS (David Crockett HS in Jonesborough, TN), his dad took over as HC before his Soph. year, he was an assistant at a state powerhouse (science hill) the year before, where Patrick played as a freshman. He's only been here for 2 years and already holds the school record for career points. He scores 30+ on the regular, I've seen him score 50 a few times. He and his family are huge canes fans and always have been.

He's been wanting to play at UM his entire life. Assistants from Miami have been to a few of his games but no offer. There are highly rated guys above him on their list. He's got mostly D2 offers to this point, as well as ETSU, the local university here. Memphis has looked at him as well as VMI, Tennessee Tech, MTSU, Belmont, Lipscomb and a few others. Definitely the best shooter in the area and probably the best player within 2-3 hours, if not more around here.

Just wanted to put his name out here. On a side note, his brother plays at a local D2 and as a freshman led the conference in 3pt %. He's also a very good player, he got some late offers from D1 programs, but chose to stay local and play for a pretty legendary coach around here that his dad is very good friends with at King University, a D2 powerhouse in basketball.

I really want him to play at Miami, he's a great players that is going under the radar, possibly due to size, but just being completely honest he's the best player I've seen around here and I've seen players go to Bama, Georgetown, Tennessee, among others, and he's the best of them all. Here are his highlights on hudl:

Small *** random world. My mom went to Crocket and I live in Kingsport.

Email coach L and all the assistants with his tape. Do the kid a solid and you never know he might get a look.

Advertisement
Shouldn't it be Davy Crockett HS, as opposed to David Crockett? Let's be honest, the only time he was ever called David was by his parents when he was naughty.

Small *** random world. My mom went to Crocket and I live in Kingsport.
I live back across the line in VA and my wife went to grad school at ETSU. We frequent the Kingsport/JC quite a bit. Might have to get in touch w/you folks sometime...I'm thinking about going to watch an ETSU game at Freedom Hall here soon.

I might need to find a Davy Crockett game to go to decked out in Canes gear, cheer this kid on.

He's sent it in before. Like I said, assistant came and watched him last year, he actually hit the buzzer beater in the first part of his highlight and scored about 45 that game.

Advertisement
How tall is he? 5'6-5'7? Good looking player but the height seriously is going to impact his recruiting.

Ya I would say 5'10. Seems like that is his only issue. He might have gone to oak hill academy but they ended up getting another PG and chose to stay here is what I heard. His recruitment would have really blown up then, obviously. But that's how good he is to be considered at oak hill

He is a good player he shouldnt be thinking about wanting to go to UM honestly

It doesnt hurt but he should be focusing on mid majors and low D1s. Did he play on a circuit in Travel ball?

Last edited:
Advertisement
He plays for a team out of Chattanooga for travel. One of the better teams in the state.

Advertisement
He plays for a team out of Chattanooga for travel. One of the better teams in the state.

Really? What team? I'll have to check them out.

Chattanooga Elite I believe. I've been following this kid since his freshman year. I'm 24 so I don't really know him, I know his older brother pretty well and his dad is a family friend. As far as I know he's still on the same team last time I heard from his dad.

Just thought I'd update this post after I watched him play the other night. Ended up going to Appalachian State (had offers from ETSU, MTSU, East Carolina, Tenn Tech, Austin Peay) and played against University of Tennessee the other night. Scored 21 points and ran the point. Obviously they were overmatched but he definitely belongs and as a true freshman is the most dangerous offensive player on that team and was the best player on the court including anyone on UT.

I'm upset Miami didn't actually offer, obviously with the way we're recruiting in basketball it's understandable. I saw him at the App State/Miami game and he was decked out in Canes gear. He talked to the Canes staff in January and they said they had no room and were not going to offer and he committed to App State. He was holding out for Miami.

Advertisement
Back