Open heart surgery

Advertisement
Best of luck. Putting new meaning to "Cardiac Canes". Here's to an improved season to go with your about to be improved health.

Advertisement
Wish you success in surgery and recovery. Hopefully your ticker will be able withstand some stress the rest of the season...7

Wow!

Daytona, I've been missing you!

I have been wondering if you've been OK because I haven't seen you post for a while.

Thank goodness you are apparently in good hands and will be under the care of a first-rate surgeon at a first-rate teaching hospital.

I'll be thinking of you and praying for your speedy and complete recovery.

Godspeed!

Advertisement
I believe you are correct
Yes. Daytona's late husband Doug Davis was starting fullback in the late '50's through '61. She attended UM as well. Doug played with A-A QB Fran Curci (later our head coach) and Jim Otto. I do remember him. (I'm a bit younger).

One interesting story Daytona posted on this board is that she and her husband attended HS together with singer/songwriter Hoyt Axton (went to Oklahoma State on a football scholarship). Axton's mother was the composer of the Elvis Presley classic, Heartbreak Hotel.

Advertisement
Dr. Lamelas is a top heart surgeon, you will be in good hands.
Wish you the best and a speedy recovery.
Yea the ole ticker will need to be in top shape for these Canes games this year.
Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back