On the plus side…

Applecane

Recruit
Premium
1- We just played neck and neck with 2 top-10 teams.
2- We played at least half the season with either an injured, gimpy QB or a true freshman QB player playing in his first road game.
3- We did not get blown out like last season except perhaps in the 2d half vs NC.
4- We are a 7-win team if you consider the GT a win minus a freakish play call at the end.
5- The OL is the best it has been in years. We’re going in the right direction here,
6- We played hard all year.
7- We’re recruiting well at the skill positions.
8- Our games have been entertaining (If painful)
9- Anyone want to fill in this one?

Anyway, I’m trying hard to see the bright side. It does take some effort.

Advertisement
2- We played at least half the season with either an injured, gimpy QB or a true freshman QB player playing in his first road game.
3- We did not get blown out like last season except perhaps in the 2d half vs NC.
4- We are a 7-win team if you consider the GT a win minus a freakish play call at the end.
5- The OL is the best it has been in years. We’re going in the right direction here,

Oh Boy Reaction GIF by Laff

834AF99D-8C6F-45FC-89A4-A4E09E7D897D.jpeg

Advertisement
Let's look at the flip side and wonder if we will make further improvements in 23-24

1- Incompetent Head coach
2- OC with no creativity
3- Recruitment went from 7 to 11
4- No future QB in our team
5- We are starting to lose the discipline
6-Cristomoron has 6 years remaining
7- We still owe him over $50 million dollars
8- Ruiz and Life Wallet are going to jail
9 Probably the most important the Cavinder twin just enrolled at TCU

Advertisement
Mediocrity and Losing has now become acceptable to some of you. So sad but losing isn't fun and we have a long history of that the past several years and MARIO is continuing the streak. I find NO COMFORT when we continual lose thru stupidity and not able to make one crucial play!

This is true. This team is better than last years. Next year should be a bit better. 8-4? It’s a bad schedule.

Top 15/20 team with a top 50 record. Mario needs a big year next year but there’s been a lot of improvement.

“Neck and neck with two top-ten teams”… bro we should have won those games. Who cares if it was close? I'm glad whoever bet on the Noles spread lost their money, but there isn't anything to be happy about.

Advertisement
Good news

1. Less worry about Guidry leaving now
2. TVD showed a lot of heart, he'll be our starter again next year so terrible QB recruiting won't hurt us

Bad news

1. Everything else

Advertisement
The only thing the last 2 games show is how easy it is to be top 10 and it doesn’t actually take an entire roster of your own recruits or 5 straight years of top 10 classes.. like Mario is preaching and is making it seem like the prerequisite to beat ******* Louisville and GT.

All you have to do is have a good coach and not beat yourself and have some decent talent.

Miami of Ohio is better than multiple ACC teams and we blew them out. We can’t seem to play a conference game and not drag it down to the wire regardless of who it is. Good teams with good coaches blow out ****** teams in conference.. not have their only 2 wins in OT. If you’re wondering what the outcome of BC will be next week.. I’ll give you a hint… a close loss after leading in the 4th quarter because Kam or James blow a coverage or one of them misses a tackle, or a win in OT, maybe a late game squeak by win.

I think TVD comes back, Dawson doesn't. Don't think the portal will be kind to us with QBs
i think IF TVD is our guy, then dawson comes back. continuity is important for TVD and his development

the tricky thing about the portal is that TVD's HIGH (aka non-turnover riddled TVD) is better than anyone we can realistically land in the portal, but obviously there's no guarantee tvd won't go down the rabbit hole again

so do we keep tvd, dawson, and hope that he makes better decisions? or do we go for someone who potentially has less arm talent but won't turn it over?

there is better qb's out there, but will there be realistic options in the portal that have better arm talent than TVD that want to play here? idk

“Neck and neck with two top-ten teams”… bro we should have won those games. Who cares if it was close? I'm glad whoever bet on the Noles spread lost their money, but there isn't anything to be happy about.
It is a weekly surprise, although at this point it shouldn’t be, how much almost not losing a game through “noticeable/obvious” improvement that has us at 6-5 is being celebrated.

Advertisement
Back