Notre Dame game thoughts

Question for the board: If the Miami D line is loaded with future NFL talent, why have the games (before VT) been so close and in doubt till the end? would seem like you should be blowing teams out.

you realize we have a baseball player at quarter back whom as I understand was recruited by zero division 1 teams?
you realize our 3rd string running back choc belongs at a community college? N/m mark walton has been lost for the season
you realize our offensive line has been a joke the majority of snaps this year that couldn't even get a push on toledo?

I'd like to see the irish take al golden as their coach for 5 years and see what the new coach can do with what's left behind

we don't even have a backup tight end for crying out loud

So you're saying we're def gonna win? What is this garbage post? You're trashing our whole team in order to try to prove a point to a ND fan that's trolling you.

**** these ND fans got you guys so triggered

I stated facts

We've faced adversity, and you're the one that got triggered by a post of facts

"facts"

- he had d1 offers. https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Malik-Rosier-25804/RecruitInterests

- what the **** does our 3rd string rb have to do with anything? he doesn't play at all so what the **** does it matter. Travis Homer is our starter, and Deejay Dallas is our backup. Funny how you didn't mention them at all....probably because you know they're good and it wouldn't get your ing acrosss

- yes Walton is out. So ****ing what, next man up. We aren't a bunch of pussies like FSU.

- Our OL has NOT been a joke. They have been a below average run blocking team and a good pass blocking team. Plus who gives a **** what they looked like at the very beginning of the season. And vs UNC they looked like trash because we had two backup guards in. Last game they looked good. Our OL definitely isn't anything great, but we're not **** either.

- we do have a backup TE. Michael Irvin Jr. He played like 14 snaps last game. for comparisons sake, Deejay Dallas played 20 and Choc who you are so concerned about played 0.

then you explain to the man why games have been close

excuse me for not digging up the facts on rosier like a detective.. another poster getting lit about nothing

SURPRISE EVERYONE, WE HAVE DEPTH ISSUES AND A QUARTERBACK THAT OUR HEAD COACH HIMSELF SAID WOULD NEVER START FOR HIM

but yeah, none of that had anything to do with us not blowing teams out.. **** our walk ons would are better than notre dame!

Advertisement
Question for the board: If the Miami D line is loaded with future NFL talent, why have the games (before VT) been so close and in doubt till the end? would seem like you should be blowing teams out.

you realize we have a baseball player at quarter back whom as I understand was recruited by zero division 1 teams?
you realize our 3rd string running back choc belongs at a community college? N/m mark walton has been lost for the season
you realize our offensive line has been a joke the majority of snaps this year that couldn't even get a push on toledo?

I'd like to see the irish take al golden as their coach for 5 years and see what the new coach can do with what's left behind

So you're saying we're def gonna win? What is this garbage post? You're trashing our whole team in order to try to prove a point to a ND fan that's trolling you.

I stated facts

Did you just hit me with an "I know you are, but what am I?!" LOL

I stated facts

"facts"

- he had d1 offers. https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Malik-Rosier-25804/RecruitInterests

- what the **** does our 3rd string rb have to do with anything? he doesn't play at all so what the **** does it matter. Travis Homer is our starter, and Deejay Dallas is our backup. Funny how you didn't mention them at all....probably because you know they're good and it wouldn't get your ing acrosss

- yes Walton is out. So ****ing what, next man up. We aren't a bunch of pussies like FSU.

- Our OL has NOT been a joke. They have been a below average run blocking team and a good pass blocking team. Plus who gives a **** what they looked like at the very beginning of the season. And vs UNC they looked like trash because we had two backup guards in. Last game they looked good. Our OL definitely isn't anything great, but we're not **** either.

- we do have a backup TE. Michael Irvin Jr. He played like 14 snaps last game. for comparisons sake, Deejay Dallas played 20 and Choc who you are so concerned about played 0.

then you explain to the man why games have been close

excuse me for not digging up the facts on rosier like a detective.. another poster getting lit about nothing

SURPRISE EVERYONE, WE HAVE DEPTH ISSUES AND A QUARTERBACK THAT OUR HEAD COACH HIMSELF SAID WOULD NEVER START FOR HIM

but yeah, none of that had anything to do with us not blowing teams out.. **** our walk ons would are better than notre dame!

i did on page 18

I stated facts

Did you just hit me with an "I know you are, but what am I?!" LOL

oh no i'm done!

you guys have at it with your **** fest! have at it!

Domers you are the most overhyped and overrated program in CFB history.

Every single year the mainstream tries to pump up you're fraudulent program, and then you find yourselves getting raped by team after team.

Your program sucks. Notre Dame are p*ssy *** frauds and the 1950's are callin ya.

Get the F off our boards and get back to raping your mom.

Advertisement

The games have been close because Malik Rosier is the most up and down QB you will face. Dude will go from straight garbage to elite/clutch between drives, especially early in the year. This is his first year starting, and while he's definitely had bad games/halfs, he's been very clutch when it counts. However the games have never been in doubt. Maybe to you/others who just look at the box score and team stats on ESPN. But if you actually watch the games, we've been pretty dominant, especially on defense.

1st in TFLS/game, 5th in Sacks/game, 3rd in Takeaways/game, 3rd in Defensive Passing Efficiency, Top15 in Yards allowed per play, Top15 in Scoring Defense.

And people look at the stats from our Run Defense and think we aren't good, but that is just plain stupid. We play an extremely aggressive scheme, and because of that scheme we have the rankings I listed above. But a downside to that scheme is we give up a couple big plays per game. When you stunt and blitz as much as we do it gives the offense a chance to get big yardage if they can get past the 1st level of defenders. Plus we've only allowed 4 rushing Touchdowns all year. So while we've given up some big runs, we haven't exactly given up big touchdowns.

Vs GTech we held them to 220yards rushing, which was basically half their Rushing Yard per game average vs P5 opponents. But even more than that they got 55% of their yards on 6 carries. The other 47 carries they had we held them to 2.12ypc. And after halftime our defense held them to just 3 points and only 96 total yards on 31 total plays (3.09 ypp) HALF of which came on one **** pass play. So after halftime we gave up one 48 yard pass, then held them to 3 points and only 48 yards on 30 plays (1.6 ypp). Thats pretty ****ing great defense.

Vs FSU it was the same story, they gained 54% of their rushing yards on 3 ****ing plays. The rest of their 40 carries we held them to 2.33ypc.

Vs Syracuse its a similar story, but our game plan going in was 100% to take away their passing game, which we completely did. We knew we'd give up some rushing yards but just didn't care because we held them to 135 passing yards on 42 attempts. As for the running game they got 50% of their rushing yards on 5 plays. The other 46 rushing attempts they had we held them to 2.87ypc.

So this is why I expect Notre Dame to rush for 100 yards on us. I don't think we will hold you guys to 58 yards or whatever it is UGA held yall to. But I expect us to get a lot of good defensive plays vs you, as we have all year. And I'm really looking forward to the matchup of Quenton Nelson vs Rj McIntosh and Mike McGlinchey vs Joe Jackson.

Should be fun. If you make a run coverage mistake against Josh Adams, he will take it to the house. Elite speed

True same with Wimbush and they bring house and he somehow finds crease to slip through will be off to races..

The games have been close because Malik Rosier is the most up and down QB you will face. Dude will go from straight garbage to elite/clutch between drives, especially early in the year. This is his first year starting, and while he's definitely had bad games/halfs, he's been very clutch when it counts. However the games have never been in doubt. Maybe to you/others who just look at the box score and team stats on ESPN. But if you actually watch the games, we've been pretty dominant, especially on defense.

1st in TFLS/game, 5th in Sacks/game, 3rd in Takeaways/game, 3rd in Defensive Passing Efficiency, Top15 in Yards allowed per play, Top15 in Scoring Defense.

And people look at the stats from our Run Defense and think we aren't good, but that is just plain stupid. We play an extremely aggressive scheme, and because of that scheme we have the rankings I listed above. But a downside to that scheme is we give up a couple big plays per game. When you stunt and blitz as much as we do it gives the offense a chance to get big yardage if they can get past the 1st level of defenders. Plus we've only allowed 4 rushing Touchdowns all year. So while we've given up some big runs, we haven't exactly given up big touchdowns.

Vs GTech we held them to 220yards rushing, which was basically half their Rushing Yard per game average vs P5 opponents. But even more than that they got 55% of their yards on 6 carries. The other 47 carries they had we held them to 2.12ypc. And after halftime our defense held them to just 3 points and only 96 total yards on 31 total plays (3.09 ypp) HALF of which came on one **** pass play. So after halftime we gave up one 48 yard pass, then held them to 3 points and only 48 yards on 30 plays (1.6 ypp). Thats pretty ****ing great defense.

Vs FSU it was the same story, they gained 54% of their rushing yards on 3 ****ing plays. The rest of their 40 carries we held them to 2.33ypc.

Vs Syracuse its a similar story, but our game plan going in was 100% to take away their passing game, which we completely did. We knew we'd give up some rushing yards but just didn't care because we held them to 135 passing yards on 42 attempts. As for the running game they got 50% of their rushing yards on 5 plays. The other 46 rushing attempts they had we held them to 2.87ypc.

So this is why I expect Notre Dame to rush for 100 yards on us. I don't think we will hold you guys to 58 yards or whatever it is UGA held yall to. But I expect us to get a lot of good defensive plays vs you, as we have all year. And I'm really looking forward to the matchup of Quenton Nelson vs Rj McIntosh and Mike McGlinchey vs Joe Jackson.

Should be fun. If you make a run coverage mistake against Josh Adams, he will take it to the house. Elite speed

True same with Wimbush and they bring house and he somehow finds crease to slip through will be off to races..

I think our gameplan will more than likely be to get Wimbush to keep the ball as much as possible.
Worked for UGA

O and the victories that they are trying to vacate from nd? Kelly found out that some kids were cheating, punished them and told the NCAA
, which came back and is trying to punish them. So you wanna play the ‘we are treated u fair card’

Change of topic.

What do you think is the biggest weakness of ND on both defense and offense? In other words, what do you think is the best way to expose ND on both offense and defense? Thanks

O and the victories that they are trying to vacate from nd? Kelly found out that some kids were cheating, punished them and told the NCAA
, which came back and is trying to punish them. So you wanna play the ‘we are treated u fair card’

Change of topic.

What do you think is the biggest weakness of ND on both defense and offense? In other words, what do you think is the best way to expose ND on both offense and defense? Thanks

Thanks man, I needed that. For defense, unless you have a great deep ball game, stay in the 8-12 yards across the middle of the field, but put it just in front of your receivers. Throwing right at him our guys are pretty good at getting a hand in their. Also, run quick dives right up the middle. The dubs are pretty solid if you have average q.v./we combo. If u have a big tight end, run post routes.

For our offense, just play assignment ball, I would caution over blitzing and giving up the 2nd level to prevent big plays. If ur dbs are physical, use it. We have speed but lack physically play on routes.

Same question for u?

Advertisement
What is the status of the field? It looked a bit torn up for VT. Is it true that it has to be replaced a few times a year?

Shut up

Didn't realize it was such a sensitive subject. I apologize.

Blame your trolls lol. But it's SFL, it rains every other day and then some. It rains, they dry/drain/resod it, it rains again. Come time for kick off field is still wet or sod is not set/dry completely. So if it’s not raining all day field should hold up just fine.

I didn't realize it rained so much down there. I thought we had it bad with rain.

Looking forward to coming down tomorrow. Longest direct non-stop in the lower 48, Seattle to Fort Lauderdale. Went to buy sunglasses yesterday and the clerk looked at me like I was nuts.

Flew from Orlando to Seattle a few years ago. That's a long time for a big man to be cramped up in an airplane seat. Those extra leg room seats are well worth it on flights over a couple of hours.

Guess we better throw in the towel. The entire ND team is going to outrun slow Miami.

image.webp

Change of topic.

Thanks man, I needed that. For defense, unless you have a great deep ball game, stay in the 8-12 yards across the middle of the field, but put it just in front of your receivers. Throwing right at him our guys are pretty good at getting a hand in their. Also, run quick dives right up the middle. The dubs are pretty solid if you have average q.v./we combo. If u have a big tight end, run post routes.

For our offense, just play assignment ball, I would caution over blitzing and giving up the 2nd level to prevent big plays. If ur dbs are physical, use it. We have speed but lack physically play on routes.

Same question for u?

On defense we don't have many weaknesses, we can get caught blitzing though. The running plays tend to go a long way when that happens. We haven't played an OL as good as yours so I'd expect you to be able to play more power football than we're acccustomed to. We generally out athletic teams with our defensive front. Our ends are sort of smallish but really fast and athletic. You may be able to over power them with your guards.

Our offense is inconsistent and if we're forced to go on long drives, we tend to have mixed results. Take away the big play. We overcome an inconsistent offense by making big plays. We have multiple guys that can pop the top off a defense and go the distance as well a running back with break away speed. If you play zone we will bubble screen you to death. Yes, we will do it play after play until you change your defense.

I think our defense is up the the challenge. If our offense gets it done we're pretty tough to beat. The stadium is gonna be crazy!

Cracking myself up reading this. Out of one side of the mouth we have you Canes telling us that you're going to absolutely beat our asses by outmatching our talent, while on the other side of the mouth defending your close wins against ****less teams like UNC by talking about gaps in your DL and offense... which is it? If an even more hobbled UNC than the team we faced were able to hang into the 4th quarter with y'all when we kicked their asses with a backup QB and a 4th string RB... how can you honestly think y'all will beat us handily?

Advertisement
Cracking myself up reading this. Out of one side of the mouth we have you Canes telling us that you're going to absolutely beat our asses by outmatching our talent, while on the other side of the mouth defending your close wins against ****less teams like UNC by talking about gaps in your DL and offense... which is it? If an even more hobbled UNC than the team we faced were able to hang into the 4th quarter with y'all when we kicked their asses with a backup QB and a 4th string RB... how can you honestly think y'all will beat us handily?

You're coming to Miami and this will be the best defense you've seen all year.

They’ve got gold chains and stuff.

Change of topic.

Same question for u?

On defense we don't have many weaknesses, we can get caught blitzing though. The running plays tend to go a long way when that happens. We haven't played an OL as good as yours so I'd expect you to be able to play more power football than we're acccustomed to. We generally out athletic teams with our defensive front. Our ends are sort of smallish but really fast and athletic. You may be able to over power them with your guards.

Our offense is inconsistent and if we're forced to go on long drives, we tend to have mixed results. Take away the big play. We overcome an inconsistent offense by making big plays. We have multiple guys that can pop the top off a defense and go the distance as well a running back with break away speed. If you play zone we will bubble screen you to death. Yes, we will do it play after play until you change your defense.

I think our defense is up the the challenge. If our offense gets it done we're pretty tough to beat. The stadium is gonna be crazy!

Actually I think the biggest problem we run into on defense is the fact that Manny likes to run a lot of slants and stunts with the front seven. If you slant or stunt into the play you have great shot at blowing it up and getting a five yard loss. But if they happen to be running into the area you are slanting away from, opps, that is when we give up the bigger run plays. Fortunately so far we have had enough speed in back to catch up and prevent the ultra long run.

Advertisement

Lol, if you think you guys have a better D than Georgia you're delusional. I think you guys have a great defense, but in no way is it better than UGA.

Lol, if you think you guys have a better D than Georgia you're delusional. I think you guys have a great defense, but in no way is it better than UGA.

We play defense like we play offense. Big play. You will see the difference.

We play defense like we play offense. Big play. You will see the difference.

Yards/game: Georgia:4th - Miami:42nd

Pass yards/Game: Georgia:7th -- Miami:34th

Rush Yards/Game: Georgia: 5th -- Miami- 67th!!! (tell me again how you're going to so easily shut down the #5 rushing attack in the country?)

Points/Game: Georgia: 3rd with 11.7 -- Miami- 12th with 17.6

Advertisement
Back