Not this year

nickster

Freshman
Canes pitching is below average and they'll be back in Coral Gables real soon. Mich was overpowered and looked very confused. Not sure why he didn't flip his bat when he took a 3rd strike looking. He's a chump

Advertisement
Where is Don Meredith? The party is over and it look like batting practice. Morris is too late, a pitcher should already be. This kid is throwing batting practice

Advertisement
Mediavilla might have gotten the same treatment if he could have thrown a strike in the first inning.

I still think Canes peaked mid ACC season. Zona is peaking right now. Pretty good chance we go home Monday. Team is flat! Let's be real UiF would've killed us in Finals. Hate to say it but true.

I still think Canes peaked mid ACC season. Zona is peaking right now. Pretty good chance we go home Monday. Team is flat! Let's be real UiF would've killed us in Finals. Hate to say it but true.

Agree Pitching was our Achilles heel.

Florida was shut out of their first super regional game, yet here they are in Omaha expected to take it all. I'll choose to be cautiously optimistic

Advertisement
Florida was shut out of their first super regional game, yet here they are in Omaha expected to take it all. I'll choose to be cautiously optimistic

Florida has pitching unlike us right now. I still say our failure to recruit some fireballing righties is major cause of concern moving forward.

Florida has pitching unlike us right now. I still say our failure to recruit some fireballing righties is major cause of concern moving forward.

Because those fireball righties get drafted right out of high school

Because those fireball righties get drafted right out of high school

Power pitching wins in Omaha and we haven't had a rotation that consistently misses bats in a while. JD does a great job with the soft tossing type of guys but he has consistently shown he cant coach up pitchers that throw hard, unlike him.

I believe we will win the next 2 and get to Friday.
Our season will hinge on us going against Bannister (again) or Hatch to stay alive.

Advertisement
Regardless what happens here, this team should still be congratulated for having gotten back to Omaha given all the talented players lost from last year (Thompson, Iskenderian, Suarez, etc), not to mention key injuries and other expected contributors this year who have left the program (such as Justin Smith and that top freshman who ended up transferring). This is not an elite team talent-wise. What it is is a team that has been amazingly consistent all season long. They won almost all the games they were expected to win on paper, something not easy to do in baseball, and that is why they ended up being ranked as high as they are. But it is a team that was always going to struggle to beat the better or hotter teams out there, where solid defense and hitting can only take you so far: for even the best offenses are gonna have off-days, especially against good pitching, so you need at least one pitcher on staff who has the potential to give you a complete game shut-out. Miami simply doesn't have that.

Appreciate them for what they have done. Through sheer determination, consistency, and a never-say-die attitude they have gotten further than frankly they ever should have based on talent alone.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back