Not breaking news, but…

Advertisement
It’s also that they don’t want to accept the scenario that’s slowly developing before our eyes…which would be another 5-6 pre-determined years of mediocrity since Mario is going nowhere anytime soon.

I don’t want to accept it either. Hence why reputable posters people like Memnon, RellyRell, Angry Ibis, Cribby, HTown, Ghandi, LuCane, Mutumbo, NoFlyZone, GoGeta, Bobbydingus and plenty of others are getting extremely agitated by the lack of success we’re seeing. Mario is making this 1000x harder than it needs to be, and it’s all self-inflicted.

You want to blame the QB? That's on Mario for not addressing the QB room - it's a disaster.

You want to blame the OC? That's on Mario, we're on the verge of 3 OC's in 3 years.

You want to blame Mario for meddling? No explanation needed.

I mean it literally all ties back towards the man in charge. Blaming anyone else is a coping mechanism that I know all too well after seeing the Golden/Manny spins in their early years.
I would love to know what portal Qb would’ve came to the U knowing that Van Pickle was the returning starter??? Portal Qb’s are looking to come in and take over and lead not be behind the starting Qb for the past few years. If anyone is upset of Mario meddling which is not a proven fact after what Dawson did by not running out the clock by kneeling vs the GOTTDAMM honey bees 🐝? Then tough tacos. TVD has been broken and now ya’ll blaming Mario that gave that young man every opportunity to succeed. Y’all are something else 🤣😂

This thread is also reminding me that I spend way too much energy on things I can’t control. None of us has any control of what the people in charge decide to do. If Mario truly wants to ruin himself here then that’s his choice. I really find it hard to believe that a guy like Alonzo can’t set him straight on this stuff but maybe the two of them are in line.

We are all going to have to watch this play out over the next few years because Mario isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

The tamu game wasn’t an aberration. Tamu didn’t have the script to stop Miami. They wanted to play man and they have bad corners. So we diced them up. Georgia tech exposed us and TVD and everyone is following suit. Also temple is garbage garbage and Miami Ohio wants to play bro ball
Yes!!! And Yes!!! Again TVD has been the biggest problem.

Advertisement
I would love to know what portal Qb would’ve came to the U knowing that Van Pickle was the returning starter??? Portal Qb’s are looking to come in and take over and lead not be behind the starting Qb for the past few years. If anyone is upset of Mario meddling which is not a proven fact after what Dawson did by not running out the clock by kneeling vs the GOTTDAMM honey bees 🐝? Then tough tacos. TVD has been broken and now ya’ll blaming Mario that gave that young man every opportunity to succeed. Y’all are something else 🤣😂
How did Kiffin bring in Spencer Sanders and Walker Howard?

How did Saban bring in Tyler Buchner?

How did Cal bring in Sam Jackson?

How did Brohm bring Brady Allen?

How did Fickell bring in Nick Evers?

How did TCU bring in Chance Nolan?

How did Chip Kelly bring in Colin Schlee?

How did AZ St bring in Drew Pyne?

Married To Medicine Television GIF

Its not mutually exclusive when it comes to blame here... TVD is a major disappointment no doubt, but thats when coaching needs to prove its worth. Once again here, we have **** the bed offensively against the likes of UVA, NCST, and GT. TVD clearly struggles against zone defense so help him and the offense out. We run very little to no motion to help find advantages and get players into better positions to make plays. We ignore the middle of the field and we continue to trot out a TE that cant catch. We insist to run into out numbered fronts in the running game as well. Its a disaster and just blaming it all on TVD is total BS.

Its not mutually exclusive when it comes to blame here... TVD is a major disappointment no doubt, but thats when coaching needs to prove its worth. Once again here, we have **** the bed offensively against the likes of UVA, NCST, and GT. TVD clearly struggles against zone defense so help him and the offense out. We run very little to no motion to help find advantages and get players into better positions to make plays. We ignore the middle of the field and we continue to trot out a TE that cant catch. We insist to run into out numbered fronts in the running game as well. Its a disaster and just blaming it all on TVD is total BS.

Preach brother

Too much nuance for this board!

Advertisement
Seeing that tvd is playing terrible is easy to know, you would have to know what you’re watching to understand its problems deeper than just him and most fans just don’t know what they’re watching

Imma amend that thread suckage goal from 300 pages to 100. lowered expectations and all...

Time is short, but I believe in this team of portsers, I really do. I'm your Ragone here, put me IN!

I'm also gonna synthesize and simplify alot of what I am reading and finding myself agreeing with from multiple well articulated viewpoints...

CoRch HW is bad, like pretty damned bad at coaching.
Coach Dawson could be much better, but probably isn't. He's not Gattis bad, between the follwing and the forementioned, but he ain't da gawd OC.
TVDud is dud.

Equal parts **** spread nicely across the loaf ends to make this delicious sammich.

Whats the difference lol nobody has an answer
Watch the A&M game I posted in this thread.

In that game we saw zero.zero two TE sets

we saw tempo sprinkled in

On obvious passing downs we had 4 receivers out there (McCormick no where to be found. As it should be)

Tons of creativity in the screen game (out of different sets)

McCormick wasn’t lined up wide, EVER. AS IT SHOULD BE

Using formations and personnel to hunt mismatches. Look at any of our downfield passing plays that day and you will see just that

Mcormick wasn’t lined up in the slot on obvious passing downs, the one time we did it was designed to overload one side of field and use that overloaded side as a pick play on a #4 drag. Creativity led to 1st down

we ran and passed the ball Out of two back sets with different personnel and looks

we actually spread the field to both run and pass,

Our new favorite vomit inducing formation was used one time that game. we brought our receiver in-line (#4) we ran a beautiful drag for him for a touchdown out of that in-line spot. Holy **** creativity!

we used orbit motion to have Jacoby George score a touchdown.

ZERO BRO STYLE SETS. Zilch. Nada. What has changed since then. Such a hard question to answer for so many 😂

If you guys don’t want to take the time to actually compare the offenses that’s fine but at least admit that when you’re trying to say nothing has changed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He won a conference title at FIU (still never been done since). He won a Pac 12 title & rose bowl at Oregon…. Is he the best gameday coach? Far from it. But “will always be ***”? I mean let’s step back from the ledge
He won the Pac12 when it was awful. Please tell me what gives you confidence watching him coach on Saturdays that he will be successful here? Why can some coaches with equal or lesser talent than us look so much more competent than we do?

If a QB can't execute plays to beat zone coverage in practice, why do people expect him to execute them in games?

I'm amazed people in here believe an Air Raid coach is refusing the QB to help him against zone coverage.

Finally caught up. I’ll say two things.

1. @Ghandi has been the most correct insider on this board this cycle. He said the ‘24 class would be underwhelming, and look where we are. He hasn’t been a fan of Mario and TVD, and look where we are…

2. Hopefully this isn’t true (no offense Ghandi), but if it is, Mario is COOKED here. BBQ Chicken. Finito. Nightmare scenario, and yet not surprising in the slightest. Just infuriating, and Cribby/LuCane/other reputable posters didn’t exactly refute the claim.

Interesting to see the sides people take in this thread…some are failing to remove emotion instead of looking at it from a distance. Same posters who refuse to blame Mario for anything, despite being on the verge of our worst two-year stretch since the ‘70’s LOL.

Extremely obtuse, will be a fascinating journey towards ESD.
There’s emotion from both sides. I refuse to believe that a HC desires to move away from an offense that was ranked in the top 10, scoring over 40 points a game, that paired with our defense and kicker, is a CFP contender, going from that to “hey, um I don’t like scoring 40 points a game any more and winning. So let’s start throwing the ball to the other team, not scoring on offense, and losing games”.

That was Mario’s mentality coming out of the bye week and entering conference play? Let’s stop scoring points, become a pop warner team on offense, and oh, let’s have our QB start crapping the bed. I doubt that.

Advertisement
Watch the A&M game I posted in this thread.

In that game we saw zero.zero two TE sets

we saw tempo sprinkled in

On obvious passing downs we had 4 receivers out there (McCormick no where to be found. As it should be)

Tons of creativity in the screen game (out of different sets)

McCormick wasn’t lined up wide, EVER. AS IT SHOULD BE

Using formations and personnel to hunt mismatches. Look at any of our downfield passing plays that day and you will see just that

Mcormick wasn’t lined up in the slot on obvious passing downs, the one time we did it was designed to overload one side of field and use that overloaded side as a pick play on a #4 drag. Creativity led to 1st down

we ran and passed the ball Out of two back sets with different personnel and looks

we actually spread the field to both run and pass,

Our new favorite vomit inducing play was used one time that game. we brought our receiver in-line (#4) we ran a beautiful drag for him for a touchdown out of that in-line spot. Holy **** creativity!

we used orbit motion to have Jacoby George score a touchdown.

ZERO BRO STYLE SETS. Zilch. Nada. What has changed since then. Such a hard question to answer for so many 😂

If you guys don’t want to take the time to actually compare the offenses that’s fine but at least admit that when you’re trying to say nothing has changed.
Exactly. The A&M game is a night and day difference from what's currently still being called.

He won the Pac12 when it was awful. Please tell me what gives you confidence watching him coach on Saturdays that he will be successful here? Why can some coaches with equal or lesser talent than us look so much more competent than we do?
Please remember he is also the only coach in history to get a conference title game bid due to the team who actually earned it getting a “outbreak” of Covid. Will never happen again. The guy was awful that year and was gifted a conference title game appearance due to the world acting like total idiots. Kudos to him and the team for winning the game but an asterisk has to be put next to that 2nd PAC 12 title on his resume.

Advertisement
Back