Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
So besides the 19 straight victories. Got it.

So dumb.

No, it's not dumb.

Prison Mike's record caught fire with Jordan Travis and all the Portal guys like Verse.

But before that, he was straight trash.

Those are facts.

1.5 good seasons. Terrible for the rest of his tenure.

For the record, there was once a coach who won his first 24 games. Guy by the name of Coker. Larry Coker.

No, it's not dumb.

Prison Mike's record caught fire with Jordan Travis and all the Portal guys like Verse.

Those are facts.

For the record, there was once a coach who won his first 24 games. Guy by the name of Coker. Larry Coker.
Prison Mike inherited a mess. He "caught fire" by building up a program. You can't judge this season off one game or discredit his wins bc he had a good roster. Larry Coker was given the keys to a Porsche.. which he proceeded to wreck. They aren't comparable.

19 straight wins is impressive. Hopefully that was his peak. No need to hate on it though.

Prison Mike inherited a mess. He "caught fire" by building up a program. You can't judge this season off one game or discredit his wins bc he had a good roster. Larry Coker was given the keys to a Porsche.. which he proceeded to wreck. They aren't comparable.

19 straight wins is impressive. Hopefully that was his peak. No need to hate on it though.

Nope. Not going to put up with the constant Mike Norvell ****-sucking and ball-gurgling that happens on this website.

He inherited a very good Memphis program that JUSTIN FUENTE built up. Mike Norvell maintained it and made it slightly better.

As for F$U, the "inherited a mess" stuff is just crap. Yes, F$U was a 6-6 bowl team in 2019, not as good as they should have been, but Norvell also inherited the single player who would make the greatest difference for him (Jordan Travis).

Norvell then proceeded to go 3-6 in 2020, 5-7 in 2021, and 4-3 to open 2022. The guy would likely have been fired if not for winning the last 6 games.

I'm not "judging this season off one game" and I'm not "discrediting his wins". I'm pointing out that he had one brief burst, and that BY NOT RECRUITING BETTER HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS, he is far more likely to revert to his pre-winning-streak record.

I'm sorry I insulted your hero. You choose to belittle Larry Coker for "wrecking the Porsche", but somehow Norvell is lionized for what he did at Memphis before he wisely bailed out. Coker took a Porsche and only lost 3 games in his first 3 years. Norvell took a Memphis version of a Porsche and proceeded to win only 8 games twice in his first 3 years. Norvell may very well have "wrecked the Porsche" at Memphis the same way that Coker did at Miami, if Norvell had stayed at Memphis longer.

So, yeah, maybe Norvell has had a brief run of good luck for a year at Memphis and 1.5 years at F$U. If you want to elevate those two shining moments over all the other mediocre results in his head coaching career, that is up to you.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No, it's not dumb.

Those are facts.

Talent

Always will be about the talent

Norvell's comments from practice "this might be the best roster we've had, we're bigger, stronger, faster". He had Warchant believing every word, and the entire fanbase. There are lot of them right now commenting that 7-5 would be good but 6-6 could be the reality, and complaining that they extended Norvell "who can't identify or develop talent". Ouch. A BC victory on Monday would be the icing on the cake.
A BC loss and their season will go off the rails. 5-7 a very real possibility.

Nope. Not going to put up with the constant Mike Norvell ****-sucking and ball-gurgling that happens on this website.

He inherited a very good Memphis program that JUSTIN FUENTE built up. Mike Norvell maintained it and made it slightly better.

As for F$U, the "inherited a mess" stuff is just crap. Yes, F$U was a 6-6 bowl team in 2019, not as good as they should have been, but Norvell also inherited the single player who would make the greatest difference for him (Jordan Travis).

Norvell then proceeded to go 3-6 in 2020, 5-7 in 2021, and 4-3 to open 2022. The guy would likely have been fired if not for winning the last 6 games.

I'm not "judging this season off one game" and I'm not "discrediting his wins". I'm pointing out that he had one brief burst, and that BY NOT RECRUITING BETTER HIGH SCHOOL PLAYERS, he is far more likely to revert to his pre-winning-streak record.

I'm sorry I insulted your hero. You choose to belittle Larry Coker for "wrecking the Porsche", but somehow Norvell is lionized for what he did at Memphis before he wisely bailed out. Coker took a Porsche and only lost 3 games in his first 3 years. Norvell took a Memphis version of a Porsche and proceeded to win only 8 games twice in his first 3 years.

So, yeah, maybe Norvell has had a brief run of good luck for a year at Memphis and 1.5 years at F$U. If you want to elevate those two shining moments over all the other mediocre results in his head coaching career, that is up to you.
Fsu was 6-7, not 6-6 in 2019. Don't embellish.

They also had 20 combined losses and fired two coaches in the previous 3 seasons before Norvell took over. Inheriting Jordan Travis doesn't negate that being a mess.

I genuinely don't care about the rest. Fvck Norvell & Coker. All I'm saying is to discredit their win streaks (or say he was 4-3.. but ended up 10-3) is unnecessary & comes off as emotionally based.

Advertisement
I ok like an automatic L on the board for UF against UGA. We already knew it but confirms even more because they won't be ranked for that game.

I'm sorry I insulted your hero. You choose to belittle Larry Coker for "wrecking the Porsche", but somehow Norvell is lionized for what he did at Memphis before he wisely bailed out. Coker took a Porsche and only lost 3 games in his first 3 years. Norvell took a Memphis version of a Porsche and proceeded to win only 8 games twice in his first 3 years. Norvell may very well have "wrecked the Porsche" at Memphis the same way that Coker did at Miami, if Norvell had stayed at Memphis longer.

****, I thought he identified the talent in Travis and convinced him to transfer. I had no idea that he was inherited from Taggart. Now I wonder where all of this QB guru stuff is coming from. Dude had four years to find a successor to Travis but ended up relying on a one year rental in DJ U.

Advertisement
1724858839718.png

Advertisement

Did you just say no need to hate on it in the Nole tears thread? Its literally what this thread is for

There is a big difference between ball washing Norvell and fsu and acknowledging that Jordan Travis was one of the most improved players any of us have ever seen under his tutelage.

Doesn’t mean Norvell is great and doesn’t give any indication it’ll be done again in the future. But just saying you’re gonna pretend the 19 wins didn’t happen because he “inherited Jordan Travis”, as if Jordan Travis was Cam Newton when Norvell arrived, is silly.

He gets a lot of credit for turning Travis into the player he became. And he won a lot with him. But guess what? College football changes really fast. You don’t get the kids for 10 years. So when Jordan Travis leaves, are you building up the next Jordan Travis? Have you assembled a sustainable program capable of year after year success? Through 1 game of 2024, that’s a big fat LOL. Let’s see how the next 11 go.

Fsu was 6-7, not 6-6 in 2019. Don't embellish.

They also had 20 combined losses and fired two coaches in the previous 3 seasons before Norvell took over. Inheriting Jordan Travis doesn't negate that being a mess.

I genuinely don't care about the rest. Fvck Norvell & Coker. All I'm saying is to discredit their win streaks (or say he was 4-3.. but ended up 10-3) is unnecessary & comes off as emotionally based.

They were a 6-6 bowl eligible team. We all know that F$U doesn't "count" bowl losses. That's not "embellishment", it's a subtle joke that flew over your head.

But, hey, feel free to name the TWO coaches that F$U "fired" before Prison Mike was hired. Interim coaches and guys named "Jimbo" don't count. Now look who is "embellishing".

I did not "discredit" the winning streak. I am giving EXTRA CREDIT to the ****** record prior to, and following, the winning streak.

12-16 and 0-2.

Maybe Prison Mike will start another winning streak soon.

There is a big difference between ball washing Norvell and fsu and acknowledging that Jordan Travis was one of the most improved players any of us have ever seen under his tutelage.

Doesn’t mean Norvell is great and doesn’t give any indication it’ll be done again in the future. But just saying you’re gonna pretend the 19 wins didn’t happen because he “inherited Jordan Travis”, as if Jordan Travis was Cam Newton when Norvell arrived, is silly.

He gets a lot of credit for turning Travis into the player he became. And he won a lot with him. But guess what? College football changes really fast. You don’t get the kids for 10 years. So when Jordan Travis leaves, are you building up the next Jordan Travis? Have you assembled a sustainable program capable of year after year success? Through 1 game of 2024, that’s a big fat LOL. Let’s see how the next 11 go.

The dude is full of ****. I never said to pretend that the 19 wins didn't happen. I said that maybe, just maybe, we should look to the REST OF Prison Mike's tenure, and not just his 19 game winning streak.

It's not that complicated. It's like when you cite an example, and the not-as-bright posters act like you made a comparison.

Prison Mike had a nice little run. Now, whether some people think his future will be more like THOSE NINETEEN GAMES, or closer to the 12-18 record before and after the winning streak, is up for discussion.

Advertisement
Back