Tears Nole Tears (“Offcial”)

Advertisement
I don't know how you bet this game. First game of the season. Different country. GT can be really good or really bad. FSU has to replace a massive amount of production on both sides.

F$U has already had three linemen opt out due to fears of deep vein thrombosis on the long plane flight...

o/u at 56.5. FSU -12.5

Saw it at -14 and at 58.5 a few weeks ago so its coming down. Probably the 13 straight incompletions at practice.
I think a lot of people especially bettors see through all the BS…if it drops right before game time that the sharp money so jump on that train.

Me personally I don’t think they can give Ga Tech 2 TDs and I wouldn’t be surprised if Ga. Tech beat them straight up…

Advertisement
I think a lot of people especially bettors see through all the BS…if it drops right before game time that the sharp money so jump on that train.

Me personally I don’t think they can give Ga Tech 2 TDs and I wouldn’t be surprised if Ga. Tech beat them straight up…
Completely agree.

I think they beat GT as their DL is going to be very stout to get sacks and force bad plays and then GTs defense is probably going to be bad. I think it's closer to a 7-10 point game but anything can happen when you score in 3s and 7s. GT improved at DC and I like their OC. They will move the ball and its not hard to envision a lull or slow start from FSU with DJ at QB and entirely unproven guys at WR while GT likely starts at full speed returning 9/11 starters including QB, RB, and 3/4 top WRs and 4/5 of their OL.

Completely agree.

I think they beat GT as their DL is going to be very stout to get sacks and force bad plays and then GTs defense is probably going to be bad. I think it's closer to a 7-10 point game but anything can happen when you score in 3s and 7s. GT improved at DC and I like their OC. They will move the ball and its not hard to envision a lull or slow start from FSU with DJ at QB and entirely unproven guys at WR while GT likely starts at full speed returning 9/11 starters including QB, RB, and 3/4 top WRs and 4/5 of their OL.
This game will be decided by a field goal.

I've got GT winning this game outright. I think their returning production on offense is what makes the difference. It'll be a close game, and FSU is going to have a solid defense, but I am highly highly skeptical of FSU's offense.

DJU is an underwhelming QB that cannot extend plays in the ways that Jordan Travis did the past few years. FSU's offense relied on that ability quite a bit. While they do have a solid RB room, their WR room is a weakness (at least on paper at this point). There's no one proven there, just a lot of formerly high level recruits that never produced at their prior schools.

They're going to rely heavily on the run and try to grind out teams, especially with the experienced OL they have. The passing game will be the weaker part of their offense.

Advertisement
The holes, comparatively speaking talent-wise, are more than capable of beating GT by at least a couple of scores.

What I think could easily make this game a tossup is the fact that first, they’re crossing the Atlantic, and there are other factors like jet lag and just general unfamiliarity and lack of focus that could result from a long trip, probably the first one for a lot of these kids.

Secondly, it’s the first game, and first games in college football can be totally ****ed up and you can have a much inferior team win. This is for a lot of reasons as most of you know, comfort playing with each other, comfort in executing the scheme for the first time in eight months, and all kinds of other factors that are unknowns prior to a game being played.

Look back at Ohio State when they won their first national championship with Urban Cryer. They lost their first game to a much inferior Virginia Tech team, that we actually beat that season, and then went on to win the ship.

Anything CAN happen, especially considering that GT is supposed to be an up-and-coming team, but on paper, Florida State is a two score favorite for a reason.

Now I realize that this is a tears thread, so ***** those cousin ****ers in Trailerhassee, and I hope tech demolishes them, but just wanted to add a tiny sprinkle of reality to the situation

Advertisement
Advertisement
The holes, comparatively speaking talent-wise, are more than capable of beating GT by at least a couple of scores.

What I think could easily make this game a tossup is the fact that first, they’re crossing the Atlantic, and there are other factors like jet lag and just general unfamiliarity and lack of focus that could result from a long trip, probably the first one for a lot of these kids.

Secondly, it’s the first game, and first games in college football can be totally ****ed up and you can have a much inferior team win. This is for a lot of reasons as most of you know, comfort playing with each other, comfort in executing the scheme for the first time in eight months, and all kinds of other factors that are unknowns prior to a game being played.

Look back at Ohio State when they won their first national championship with Urban Cryer. They lost their first game to a much inferior Virginia Tech team, that we actually beat that season, and then went on to win the ship.

Anything CAN happen, especially considering that GT is supposed to be an up-and-coming team, but on paper, Florida State is a two score favorite for a reason.

It’s a two score spread because that’s where the public is putting their money. Don’t most pre-season polls have the holes in the top 10? Where is Ga Tech rated?

There’s no analysis of the rosters. The starting line is just a SWAG where they think will be equal money on both teams. Vegas is trying to even the money so that they win no matter the result. If money starts shifting to Ga Tech, the line will come down.
Now I realize that this is a tears thread, so ***** those cousin ****ers in Trailerhassee, and I hope tech demolishes them, but just wanted to add a tiny sprinkle of reality to the situation

Advertisement
Back