NCAA Tournament Thread

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Conventional wisdom says we're a #3 seed. I really wanted at least a #2 , because yes, it makes a big difference, but we're still in a good position to get to at least the Sweet 16. We just need to show up every single game.

Advertisement
If Coach L could take an 11 seed to the final 4, there is no reason to think that this UM team, with some favorable match ups and breaks along the way, couldn't do it as well.

Conventional wisdom says we're a #3 seed. I really wanted at least a #2 , because yes, it makes a big difference, but we're still in a good position to get to at least the Sweet 16. We just need to show up every single game.
That is a tall order and most frustrating part of this great season. When the team shows up we can beat anyone, they just rarely show up repeatedly.

Coach L will get them right and I think we have a good showing and like you said S16, but I don't see us stringing together more wins that that. Here is to hoping I am wrong.

I think Lunardi has it right today.

We're a 3 seed in the East. I could see us playing a team like Iowa or Dayton as a 6 seed with WVU being the 2 seed in the bracket.

I think Lunardi has it right today.

We're a 3 seed in the East. I could see us playing a team like Iowa or Dayton as a 6 seed with WVU being the 2 seed in the bracket.

He is a creepy looking ************. Wouldn't let him anywhere near children.

But he is likely right on at #3 Seed.

Advertisement
If Michigan state is in our region as the 2 we are ****ed if we make it to the sweet16.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

At some point we will need to play someone who is better than us as that is the nature of the beast. All we can do is take care of our business, win our game and move the *** on. The earliest we would have to play a 2 seed is the sweet 16. There is no guarantee that we will make the sweet 16, there is no guarantee the 2 seed will make the sweet 16 either.

So...

dc797220eca0110d3b4b6010-l.jpg

Think we last two rounds. Sorry, but this team is so inconsistent I can't be optimistic about our chances. These kids must drive Coach L nuts. He never knows what kind of effort he's going to get out of these kids. Thankfully, I think better days are coming.

If WVU is the 2 in our bracket I don't like our chances. They match up well against us. Their big man Devin Williams is a monster, going off on KU right now for 30 points. Jekiri would need to stay out of foul trouble if we want to have a chance in that one.

Advertisement
With Nova losing to Seton Hall,there out as a #1 seed in the East, they will probably be #2 seed in the East moreso then WVU..
1st rd games in Philly,bet on Nova being a 2 seed.

With Nova losing to Seton Hall,there out as a #1 seed in the East, they will probably be #2 seed in the East moreso then WVU..

Don't be shocked if Nova is the 2 seed and doesn't make the Sweet 16. Look at their recent track record.

Don't be shocked if Nova is the 2 seed and doesn't make the Sweet 16. Look at their recent track record.

I know Nova has sucked in the tourney getting bounce early and often.
Actually, I wanted Seton Hall to win,know Isaiah Whitehead since he was in 6th grade through family.

Would love to be matched up with Nova, if we make the Sweet 16. Great match up for us. Nova probably loses in the 1st round though, they always suck in the tournament

Advertisement
If WVU is the 2 in our bracket I don't like our chances. They match up well against us. Their big man Devin Williams is a monster, going off on KU right now for 30 points. Jekiri would need to stay out of foul trouble if we want to have a chance in that one.

Williams had his 31 and they still lost by ten to KU.
Our ball handlers will be ok with their press.
UVA outscored them by 22 in the second half once they settled down.
Don't get me wrong, any team that can beat a #1 by double digits is doing some good things.
If it happens, it will be a good game.

I know Nova has sucked in the tourney getting bounce early and often.
Actually, I wanted Seton Hall to win,know Isaiah Whitehead since he was in 6th grade through family.

Issiah Whitehead is a terrific talent

Advertisement
That is a tall order and most frustrating part of this great season. When the team shows up we can beat anyone, they just rarely show up repeatedly.

Coach L will get them right and I think we have a good showing and like you said S16, but I don't see us stringing together more wins that that. Here is to hoping I am wrong.

If we play defense like we are capable AND rebound well (rarely has occurred)...we can play with anybody...including UNC, MSU, KY...anybody.

I don't what Larranaga is going to have to do, but he is going to have to find a way to get these guys to play tougher under the boards.

UM

1. I don't see Xavier as a 2 seed. So I dismissed A and C.
2. B. I would love to play Iona opener and the winner of Dayton v. Michigan.

Advertisement
Back