NCAA investigation update: Nevin Shapiro rants from prison;

Advertisement
I don't understand why our news outlets keep giving him a forum to rant? He's in jail and a convicted felon. His opinion is meaningless.

I don't understand why our news outlets keep giving him a forum to rant? He's in jail and a convicted felon. His opinion is meaningless.

Eh, I dont have a problem with it as I think the things he says here do nothing but further discredit him. The article even says that he comes off as someone so desperate to get revenge (most readers probably would have come to the same conclusion on there own).

I dont like hearing a possibility of 2 more bowl bans, I think if that were to happen alot of kids might jump ship.

One more and some scholly losses wouldnt be a bad punishment.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];248896 said:
I dont like hearing a possibility of 2 more bowl bans, I think if that were to happen alot of kids might jump ship.

Talking about 2 more years of bowl bans surprises me. A three year ban is pretty severe, IMO. And, if we actually get that, I'd be very surprised if we got MINOR scholarship reductions. If what the NCAA can prove would warrant a three year ban, I would expect scholarship reductions to be significant. Of course, that's one guys speculation. Who knows?

crossover22[]_[];248896 said:

Talking about 2 more years of bowl bans surprises me. A three year ban is pretty severe, IMO. And, if we actually get that, I'd be very surprised if we got MINOR scholarship reductions. If what the NCAA can prove would warrant a three year ban, I would expect scholarship reductions to be significant. Of course, that's one guys speculation. Who knows?

I agree with that. If the ncaa found enogh for a three year ban scholly losses would be severe. I know its one guys opinion but sucks to hear that.

With what OSU recieved from the ncaa we better not get more than that. They were cheating even after they were caught.

A three year bowl ban seems a bit extreme. It seems like we had a rogue booster go rogue. It doesn't appear there was a cover up or university involvement. We have been doing well with graduation and those sorts of things. I don't know, the kids who took money are all gone now right? We self imposed a ban. We aren't associated with the felon any more and gave his donations back. Honestly unless the Ncaa is just trying to make an example then I'm not sure I see a huge scholly loss or further action. I see a probationary period. At the end of the day the Ncaa is all about the money. And they make more with a solid Miami than a wiped out existence. If as a Miami fan we could wipe cfb of notre dame and uf, would u? I wouldnt. I luv hating them. They are also good for cfb. And it gives me two other teams to root on on saturdays in the fall.

Advertisement
It's nice to see that some of the media are blowing this guy off finally.... I know it's the Herald, but everyone in the media had our head on a platter last year. EVERYONE.

This guy is just making himself look worse. Everyone already knows he's a con man. Now he's a con man looking for revenge because he got caught.

He thinks he's the victim? That's gotta be the classic mindset of someone like him. Just shows exactly what type of person he is. You rob almost a billion dollars from hard working people, and you're the victim? Laughable.

A three year bowl ban seems a bit extreme. It seems like we had a rogue booster go rogue. It doesn't appear there was a cover up or university involvement. We have been doing well with graduation and those sorts of things. I don't know, the kids who took money are all gone now right? We self imposed a ban. We aren't associated with the felon any more and gave his donations back. Honestly unless the Ncaa is just trying to make an example then I'm not sure I see a huge scholly loss or further action. I see a probationary period. At the end of the day the Ncaa is all about the money. And they make more with a solid Miami than a wiped out existence. If as a Miami fan we could wipe cfb of notre dame and uf, would u? I wouldnt. I luv hating them. They are also good for cfb. And it gives me two other teams to root on on saturdays in the fall.
LOL

If I had to make a choice between wiping out UF and wiping out the Taliban, the Taliban would be feeling confident of survival.

This guy is just making himself look worse. Everyone already knows he's a con man. Now he's a con man looking for revenge because he got caught.

He thinks he's the victim? That's gotta be the classic mindset of someone like him. Just shows exactly what type of person he is. You rob almost a billion dollars from hard working people, and you're the victim? Laughable.

Yeah, but he probably worked really hard to steal all that money and the courts just took away all his hard work :rolleyes:

Advertisement
This is what I expected. Let the man dig his own grave. He will get increasingly desperate and start to fabricate more stories.

This is what I expected. Let the man dig his own grave. He will get increasingly desperate and start to fabricate more stories.

Just like this little gem:

"After a December agreement ensured that no current or former UM players will be asked to testify in front of the bankruptcy trustee, Shapiro said the former players “are going to have to tell the truth, but it’s not going to be [to] a trustee.” He has suggested UM players will be required to speak to the government."

His claim is complete bullshyte.

He just a demented psychopath who's spewing more lies as time wears on.

LOL

If I had to make a choice between wiping out UF and wiping out the Taliban, the Taliban would be feeling confident of survival.

Amen!!!!!
No qualms about wiping out UFag, F$U, and NLame.

Advertisement

Just like this little gem:

"After a December agreement ensured that no current or former UM players will be asked to testify in front of the bankruptcy trustee, Shapiro said the former players “are going to have to tell the truth, but it’s not going to be [to] a trustee.” He has suggested UM players will be required to speak to the government."

His claim is complete bullshyte.

He just a demented psychopath who's spewing more lies as time wears on.

The little weasel is just butt hurt that he didn't bury the program the first time around and is looking for more notoriety. It's sad to see.

The guys trying to get inside people's heads....create worry, etc.

He's out for attention and probably reading message boards like this one to see what sort of response he's getting.

Best to ignore him. Completely.

Advertisement
Back