Morris 10th best QB in ACC

CaneCounty

Senior
Premium
I know you take Dinich with a grain of sea salt but what are your thoughts on the rankings..

Ranking the ACC's quarterbacks
June, 18, 2012
JUN 18
2:30
PM ET
By Heather Dinich | ESPN.com
RECOMMEND48TWEET45COMMENTS685EMAILPRINT
Disclaimer: This is an impossible task. The ACC has five, 3,000-yard passers returning -- the most in league history. The quarterback position will finally be a strength of the conference. The players are experienced, they have matured, and they are legitimately good. This season will reveal which one is the best, but here’s a preseason ranking of the group:

1. Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech: At 6-foot-6, 254 pounds, Thomas has drawn comparisons to Cam Newton. Physically, his coaches have agreed, and several ACC defenders could attest to how tough Thomas is to bring down. Now that he has had a full season of starting experience, Thomas’ knowledge of the game will only make him more difficult to defend.

2. Mike Glennon, NC State: He’ll have four returning starters on the offensive line, and his height (6-foot-6) and his accuracy make him one of the top returning players at his position.

3. Tajh Boyd, Clemson: Boyd worked his way into the Heisman conversation after last season’s 8-0 start, and he could do it again.

4. Sean Renfree, Duke: Coach David Cutcliffe is convinced Renfree has pro potential, but said his quarterback has to stop thinking so much and use what comes to him naturally.

5. Bryn Renner, North Carolina: He should be even more effective now that he’s not playing with a bone spur in his foot, and he should have one of the ACC’s best offensive lines to work behind.

6. EJ Manuel, Florida State: We haven’t seen Manuel reach his peak yet, because he was injured for part of last season, but he’s one of the most efficient passers in the country.

7. Tanner Price, Wake Forest: He enters 2012 having thrown 173 passes without an interception. He is invaluable to his team, as evidenced by the Deacs’ collapse last season against Syracuse after Price was injured.

8. Tevin Washington, Georgia Tech: He led the nation’s No. 2 rushing offense last season, and accounted for 986 rushing yards and 14 touchdowns.

9. Michael Rocco, Virginia: He led the Cavaliers to an 8-5 record and a bowl game last season, his first as a starter.

10. Stephen Morris, Miami: We’re still not even sure if Morris will win the starting job, as he will compete with transfer Ryan Williams this summer, but Morris’ game experience in Jedd Fisch’s system will be tough to beat.

11. Chase Rettig, Boston College: His development might have been slowed by the turnover at the offensive coordinator position, but first-year coordinator Doug Martin said he and Rettig had a good spring together.

12. C.J. Brown, Maryland: He replaced Danny O’Brien as starter, and ran for more than 100 yards three times last season.

Advertisement
How do you put Tevin Washington ahead of anyone though? Dude is a glorified RB IMO.

he is, but he does what he's asked to within the construct of gt's offense, no? if it was a list based on pro potential, im sure morris would be higher.

i'm tempted to say boyd should be ranked no. 1.

At this point, who knows anything about how this year will go - indidvidually and as a team!

Last year was the worst for any new staff to deal with - suspensions and distractions 10 days before our first game, the serious damage the Randy losers inflicted on this program.

I am very optimistic about this staff and this year's team. We will do surprisingly well. Maybe a few hiccups initially but overall I think we win 9 games and build up for a strong 2013

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'd put him at 8th or 9th but that's splitting hairs. He has the physical tools to be in the top half of this group, and hopefully his performance this year lives up to that.

nonsense guy should be 13 on the list
I'm sure there's a backup or 2 better thn him
mrs Dinich-Rivera don know ****

Thats a solid list... Mike Glennon is better than I actually thought... I remember when he came out and I thought NC State was crazy to let Russel Wilson leave but dude was ballin... As for Morris he needs to prove them wrong... The positive is that he is probably the youngest qb on that list and he has 2 more years including this year...

Advertisement
Advertisement
wonder where Boyd would be without Sammy Watkins?

better question is how much better would our prospects be this year with Watkins

You know ACC qb's blow when Logan Thomas is at the top of the list.

Or Heather blows for putting Logan Thomas on top of her list.

When it comes to football intelligence, she's a mental midget.

To be fair to Heather Dinnich, who is pretty ****** in her own right, Logan Thomas has been getting lots of undeserved praise during this off-season.

Advertisement
Back