Miami's win versus Virginia Tech was the second-watched CFB game of Week 6

View as article

Trinton Breeze

Freshman
Premium
According to ESPN PR, 3.3 million people watched Miami's 38-34 win over Virginia Tech on Friday with a peak of 4.4 million viewers. It was the second most-watched Friday game since 2018.

Miami's first game of the season against the Florida Gators drew 6.6 million viewers to ABC.

This weekend's game between Miami and California is scheduled to air on ESPN. While the late kickoff might not attract a huge audience, it will be interesting to see how...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Friday game vs tons on Saturday.
Yes being the only game on helped. And then I suspect the casual fan checked in after seeing VTech in the lead as most of us enjoy upsets when it does not involved our team losing.

BUT, it also points to the value of the U brand. When UM plays, and is good, people pay attention. Just like ND. Love us or hate us, but it’s hard to ignore us when we are good.

Last year's ratings never topped 1.9M for Friday.

Btw, the Miami game was the most watched event across the entirety of television Friday night. What was really shocking to me was that Fox News had 5 of the top 10 most watched programs. Who knew.

Advertisement
Saturday night could get a decent rating...the degenerate gamblers love those late night games. My buddy bought a new car years ago thanks to Timmy Chang shattering records at the time.

I love the Canes but I'm more loyal to my Firestick lol

1727804745410.gif

Advertisement
We always do well in time/channel vs games in same parameters. When people were idiotically claiming we were a middling ACC brand it was ACCN games vs abc games or similar in how they broke up viewership

“VT played their best game” and “Miami played their worst game” of the season is probably one of more accurate descriptions for this game. Hopefully we bounce back with the infusion of Bain/Rivers and some talented young backups.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back