Miami's QB situation for 2012 and beyond?

HulkaCaniac

Cheeseburger football.
How does everybody feel about the QB situation? I myself feel pretty **** excited with Preston Dewey, David Thompson, Ryan Williams, and Stephen Morris on the team.

Advertisement
Don't forget Gray Crow, physical specimen and hardcore religious(key ingredient in a great football player.)

I like the current group, but it's all about landing Kevin Olsen in 2013.

Relying on one qb has screwed us over many times in the past, especially one we're not even sure we land. I think it's a very real possibility Olsen goes somewhere else.

I like the current group, but it's all about landing Kevin Olsen in 2013.

Relying on one qb has screwed us over many times in the past, especially one we're not even sure we land. I think it's a very real possibility Olsen goes somewhere else.

Then we need to do everything possible to land him. Like I said, I like the current group, Dewey especially, but Olsen is a program changer.

Advertisement
I like that we have all these capable bodies.

I'm really interested to hear reviews from spring ball about their decision-making. I'm not overly concerned with our guys having big arms in Fisch's offense. It's all about making smart and accurate decisions.

we actually have numbers at qb for the frst time in over a decade........and im not putting anything into thompson as i feel his future is on the baseball diamond and not the football field

we actually have numbers at qb for the frst time in over a decade........and im not putting anything into thompson as i feel his future is on the baseball diamond and not the football field

Golden will make sure the cupboard is stocked ...strength in numbers.

Advertisement
After all these years of watching busts at QB, and other guys excel in other programs.... I'm convinced it all comes down to coaching and preparation.

Look at what good coaching did for Jacory? He was more than serviceable this season. I can't help but wonder if he had been coached that way from day 1, what would have developed between his ears.

I think Morris can be very good, needs to cut down on the mistakes, but he's still young as far as game experience goes.

Advertisement
Predicting QB's is difficult.

How do I feel about UM's QB situation? Well, more is better than less.

UM hasn't had a full compliment of QB's in many years. Golden is stocking up on QB's, so I feel better about the Canes situation than I have in a while.

That said, we won't know if the Canes have a rock star at QB until they get on the field. From what I've seen of Morris, though, I think he can be a good one.

Last edited:

Golden will make sure the cupboard is stocked ...strength in numbers.

I just hope that he doesn't start running off Quarterbacks like Blandy did with Marve, Cook, and Smith.

we actually have numbers at qb for the frst time in over a decade...

agree with this & UM58 (the wait and see thing). For the first time, in a long time, we'll have competetion for playing time at QB. This can only help the eventual guy that wins the job. If it's a guy already here or a newbie, may the best man win it out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back