Miami Pitchers Scouting Report

Go Canes Radio

Recruit
In our previous post [MENTION=5940]gacaneaddict[/MENTION] asked for a scouting report on the following particular pitchers: Woodrey, Medivialla, Garcia, Cabezas, Pimental, and Bartow. We are happy to follow up!!

Woodrey: LHP As stated by [MENTION=5940]gacaneaddict[/MENTION] "Good control, good offspeed, a lot of experience. Velocity isn't great." To add: went 7-2 with 2.88 ERA in 103 innings last year. Fastball doesn't blow you away, but good secondaries and deception in delivery are his strengths. He's a low slot finesse guy.

Mediavialla: LHP All American reliever as a Freshman last year. 1.94 ERA in 41.2 innings. Two-way talent in HS. Drafted by Red in 40th Round out of HS. His fastball is in the low 90's and he also has a change up and a curve but the curveball needs work.

Danny Garcia: RHP Fastball 88-92 mph...Good Breaking Ball.

Pimental: Former high school stud with a 94 mph fast ball. Broke arm in HS now fastball is at 89-92. Second pitch is change third pitch is breaking ball.

Andrew Cabezas: Star freshman from Coral Gables High. 4 pitch mix low 90's high 80s. .70 ERA as HS senior. Fastball: 87-92 mph Change: 78-81 mph Curve: 74-75 mph Slider: 80-83 mph

Frankie Bartow: Freshman from Terra. Tops at 91 mph. Fastball: 87 mph Change: 69 Curve: 69

-This is not an official scouting report, just some helpful information! Hope U enjoyed.

Follow us on Twitter and on YouTube. GoCanesRadio

Last edited:
Advertisement
Frankie was in my class last year at Terra, hope he does well this year!

I think Lepore has a chance to be a really good arm in the rotation. I expected him to be in it this year but we will see. Honestly didn't expect Danny Garcia to look so good. I know I know it was Rutgers. We will obviously know more after UF but it's still so early. I mean last year we could have easily won Friday nights game against UF, we won easily Saturday. I was at Friday's game and UF won on a bloop single. We threw Otero because Suarez got hurt. UF's Shore got hurt and of course UF just subbed in an absolute stud. As the season progressed, Puk for UF became dominant and that lineup started to kill the ball. That's how the season goes.

Advertisement
Back