Miami academic requirements

All ACC
Premium
I'm having an argument with an Auburn fan about Miami's academic requirements being stricter than most schools. I can't find any facts to back this up. Can anyone post a link or give some insight on Miami's grade requirements like SAT, ACT and GPA or something about a more difficult sliding scale.

Pretty sure Miami's ACT requirement is 16 while a lot of schools is 14.

Advertisement
The 2011-2012 NCAA Division I Manual, Article 14.3 list the NCAA's initial eligibility requirements.

I think UM requires specific core courses - not just the general guide in the manual. I think that's why some kids will say they are "good to go". That's cause they meet NCAA requirements, but not necessarily UM's. I don't think UM has a different sliding scale. At least I've never seen one.

He's not retarded, just want's to see facts.

The perception of a lot of other fans is that it's an excuse by Miami fans. Until they see some facts, anything other than message board posts.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm having an argument with an Auburn fan about Miami's academic requirements being stricter than most schools. I can't find any facts to back this up. Can anyone post a link or give some insight on Miami's grade requirements like SAT, ACT and GPA or something about a more difficult sliding scale.

Pretty sure Miami's ACT requirement is 16 while a lot of schools is 14.

-UM doesn't use the sliding scale.
-You need 17 on the act to get into Miami.
-He must have a minimum of a 2.5 and a 17/820 to gain entrance into the school.
-If his core is a little lower and score a little higher, he can qualify for the NCAA but not UM.

NCAA Sliding Scale

FlaSportsFan88, if he's an Auburn fan - he's an idiot.

If he attended Auburn AND is an Auburn fan, he's a ******.

I'm just trying to be more specific.

Thanks a lot decleater. What would you say is the average ACT, SAT and GPA for most other schools?

Advertisement
Is the SAT score still top out at 1600? I was watching shameless and in a scene it was referenced to as a perfect score being 2400?

Advertisement
I just ran through it again and it will let you compare SAT and ACT between schools.... up to three different schools at a time.

But, how does that relate to admissions for athletes? I'm thinking if you have a 2.5 gpa and an SAT of 820, and you aren't an athlete, you're not even bothering to apply at UM.

Advertisement
Has there been any instances where a kid can get into most NCAA schools but not Miami, so he went to prep school just to get into Miami? Or even went elsewhere to avoid going to prep just to get into Miami.

Has there been any instances where a kid can get into most NCAA schools but not Miami, so he went to prep school just to get into Miami? Or even went elsewhere to avoid going to prep just to get into Miami.
Grooms last year and Leggett this year

grooms and storm, two guys who got some real bad advice

leggett too, y wouldnt u stick it out to come back home for 4 yrs?

Advertisement
Back