Coaching Miami’s 2022 football staff

Advertisement
Maestro thoughts?
C601AAF0-8477-44EC-8F3A-ADB284B0BA57.gif

I would have been a lot happier with Oregon west results the last few years. At least they have won a couple of conference championships.

Sure, you aren’t off base. However, what they’ve accomplished is simply the bare minimum standard we’ve been searching for. The goal is to build a legitimate playoff contender which Oregon has not been either. It’s a long process that does not happen over night. I just feel like this alleged staff so far is slightly underwhelming, IMO. However, I have the utmost faith in Mario to get us to the place we want to go.

Sure, you aren’t off base. However, what they’ve accomplished is simply the bare minimum standard we’ve been searching for. The goal is to build a legitimate playoff contender which Oregon has not been either. It’s a long process that does not happen over night. I just feel like this alleged staff so far is slightly underwhelming, IMO. However, I have the utmost faith in Mario to get us to the place we want to go.
I was hoping that with the upgraded staff budget we'd be able to do a little better than Oregon's staff. Some of these guys are hits but some are admittedly underwhelming. I'm holding out for big splash hires at the coordinator spots. Being Oregon East is better than what we've been the last few decades but it's not what fans are hoping for either.

Advertisement
I was hoping that with the upgraded staff budget we'd be able to do a little better than Oregon's staff. Some of these guys are hits but some are admittedly underwhelming. I'm holding out for big splash hires at the coordinator spots. Being Oregon East is better than what we've been the last few decades but it's not what fans are hoping for either.
Who are underwhelming? Would love to get your two cents...

Who are underwhelming? Would love to get your two cents...
For one, Maestro. He's a running backs coach with zero recruiting ties anywhere in this region. Considering the RB coach is just a recruiter first and foremost, I would have preferred someone with experience recruiting the southeast. And I know Salave'a is supposed to open this Pacific pipeline but Oregon's defensive results outside of 2019 have been average to below average. Not sure I'm getting super excited about anyone from the defensive side of that staff.

Once again, theses guys aren't bums but I'm hoping for better results than Oregon has been getting. If Mario kills the coordinator hires, I'll live with the rest of the staff being Oregon guys.

Advertisement
For one, Maestro. He's a running backs coach with zero recruiting ties anywhere in this region. Considering the RB coach is just a recruiter first and foremost, I would have preferred someone with experience recruiting the southeast. And I know Salave'a is supposed to open this Pacific pipeline but Oregon's defensive results outside of 2019 have been average to below average. Not sure I'm getting super excited about anyone from the defensive side of that staff.

Once again, theses guys aren't bums but I'm hoping for better results than Oregon has been getting. If Mario kills the coordinator hires, I'll live with the rest of the staff being Oregon guys.
these are fair points

but don't forget that BMac was a RB coach at Georgia for 5 years.

we're not going to have any problems recruiting my friend

the defensive worry however I share with you

We have/will have plenty of recruiters on staff, our HC included. As is, from a development and coaching standpoint, it's hard to find better than those two. You also mentioned that you aren't excited about Oregon's defensive staff but Mario is only bringing one defensive coach over, so he probably agrees with that sentiment.

Advertisement

I would kinda hold it there, they had scheme changes over the years whilst still having a fairly competitive defense. They went from a 4-3 to running more multiple stuff, odd fronts and so on. Not the easiest shift, especially given the recruited personnel.

I'd wait until we see the product.

Advertisement
Question here for all of you that understand the typical processes and procedures….don’t most OC’s want to hire their own support staff?
Not really. Florida hasn't hired an OC or DC and has most of their staff filled out. LSU had most of the staff in place before hiring the OC and DC. Saban plugs and plays OCs into his coaching staff without the OCs input on staff.

The HC is going to hire who he is comfortable with at the assistants because its more than just Xs and Os.

Not really. Florida hasn't hired an OC or DC and has most of their staff filled out. LSU had most of the staff in place before hiring the OC and DC. The HC is going to hire who he is comfortable with at the assistants because its more than just Xs and Os.
Napier is the OC at Florida and they’ve hired their DC already.

Wouldn't that lend credence to the theory that the OC's been hired already and Selected these pople?

I think Mario may be taking a different approach. He is hiring assistants that are technicians and recruiters and an OC/DC that are innovative and creative. His job is to make sure the “brains” behind the offense and defense mesh with the technicians and teachers implementing their schemes.

Advertisement
Back