Coaching Miami’s 2022 football staff

Advertisement
No one has a clue. Mario is acting like he has the formula to cure some rare diseases and locking it away. Not even announcing the unemployed coaches he’s bringing
So does this mean we're supposed to start the "15-0!" chants?

Or are we at "Fly The Banner!!!"?

This is what CIS does to me....

I think many are afraid that Mario is having a hard time getting his top choices to agree to come. Call it PSTD due to 20 years of abuse, but until something good actually comes to pass we are still just dreaming of nice things while we are sitting middle of the pack in the Coastal...........

You have got to be kidding. We have the best DB recruiting class in over twenty years and you say "not detrimental" ... GTFOH!!
I said not as detrimental as some believe. I didn't imply losing him would be good. It was actually a pretty safe statement I made so you're grasping at straws here.

You got a loser mentality pal. I don't blame you though because we've sucked for twenty years and that's the bigger reason is my point

Advertisement
I think many are afraid that Mario is having a hard time getting his top choices to agree to come. Call it PSTD due to 20 years of abuse, but until something good actually comes to pass we are still just dreaming of nice things while we are sitting middle of the pack in the Coastal...........
Wasn’t the ‘nice thing happening’ Mario coming in the first place? Man, some of you are just never going to be happy unless you’re miserable

Wasn’t the ‘nice thing happening’ Mario coming in the first place? Man, some of you are just never going to be happy unless you’re miserable
Yes absolutely, but it's also under the assumption that he would need good coordinators to go along with his recruiting prowess, toughness, and improved o-line play. The longer this is drawn out, the more antsy and concerned the fanbase gets...and some of it has merit.

At the end of the day we have to trust him, there's no other option and it would be foolish to dismiss his winning pedigree based off a lengthy timeline regarding staff hires. I'm sure he wants to get it perfect, as do we...it's ok if we are the very last program in the country to fill out or staff (we're trending that way the longer this takes) as long as he gets it right.

But it would be foolish to ignore the negative side affects that can come with a drawn out process, as it would be equally foolish to ignore the benefits of vetting through numerous candidates and making the right choice. There's a balance, that's all - I think he'll get it right and like many of the insiders here have stated repeatedly, it'll be a slam dunk staff.

LOL, Mario who has made his reputation by recruiting players has always needed a quality staff. To date we have not seen a OC or DC sign. I hope they are still coaching in the playoffs or NFL. But, if he gets stuck taking leftovers from the top 25 programs we will not win at the level we hope. No one wants to be "miserable". But, after 20 years of failure many of us are realists nad not dreamers who joined in August 2021.

Advertisement
If we do lose T-Rob, we should circle back for Corey Raymond. Pay him more than UF is paying and bring him down.
I wish but it doesn't seem that simply with him. LCE said it before that Raymond would only coach in the sec. Apparently he reached out as soon to us but jump on the sec offer as soon as he had it.

billy madison today junior GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
BTW, it's interesting to see Ferman confirm all of these names except Field. He has been pretty adamant that Field will be an on-the-field TE coach but hasn't confirmed him... might have something to do with Cribby's Coley comment last night?

I trust Mario. I’m buying into the process. But for all the alleged money we had to spend on coaches it’s sure sounding like “Oregon East”. Not sure if it’s a bad thing or not. Guess we will find out in short order.

I trust Mario. I’m buying into the process. But for all the alleged money we had to spend on coaches it’s sure sounding like “Oregon East”. Not sure if it’s a bad thing or not. Guess we will find out in short order.
I would have been a lot happier with Oregon west results the last few years. At least they have won a couple of conference championships.

I'm not stoked about it, he's been on the west coast his whole career. Doesnt mean he's a bad coach, but questioning the fit.

With that being said, the University of Miami has never struggled to get good RBs. So as long as the unit is producing then I trust Mario on this one.
Mastro seems to be like he'll be one of those "boring" hires. Grizzled vet that can produce and develop the RB room. I think the recruiting concerns are valid but I think RB is one of those rooms where we always get ours. Mastro alone can probably continue to pull the Knightons, Franklins, Yearbys, etc. But he'll need Mario to help him get the Cooks of the world. Which is fine because he can definitely coach:

"In his final season at WSU, Mastro led a group of running backs that surpassed both the 1,000-yard rushing (1,096) and receiving (1,073) marks for the second straight season, finishing with a combined 2,169 yards. Honorable mention All-Pac-12 Conference selection Jamal Morrow led the team with 522 rushing yards, while also hauling in 60 receptions for 506 yards and scoring nine total touchdowns."

But I'm not going to lie....I'm a little bit concerned about Mario's offense knowing the the majority of the staff are his guys. But I'll hold back on overreacting until the OC is hired.

Advertisement
Back