Coaching Miami’s 2022 football staff

Advertisement
We should know from the timing of the Mario and Rad hires that the position coaches and coordinator hires may not be handled and/or announced in a linear manner.

Advertisement
Welcome to the family, Coach Feld!

1F6B4433-0A2A-4A1D-B2B3-2EBF5DC994F3.gif

I would kinda hold it there, they had scheme changes over the years whilst still having a fairly competitive defense. They went from a 4-3 to running more multiple stuff, odd fronts and so on. Not the easiest shift, especially given the recruited personnel.

I'd wait until we see the product.
Considering their defense in 2020 and 2021 was as bad or worse than Miami’s defense, I’m ok with Mario leaving that staff in Eugene.

Advertisement
I think there has to be a proper balance. For example, a guy like the alleged rb coach is considered a strong teacher and developer but not perhaps a strong recruiter. The alleged dl coach is considered good at both. You can’t necessarily have a staff equally strong at everything they do so the HC has to find the right mix.
You definitely need a balance but there are certain positions that don’t really need a ton of coaching and the guys in those positions are usually just there for recruiting purposes. Generally RB coaches aren’t there for coaching abilities. Usually OL and DL coaches are the premium “coaching” spots on a roster. You need technicians in the trenches.

As much is Hickson is A grade recruiter I think he’s a below average developer of talent.

I was iffy on Mastro for recruiting purposes as well but the history shows he will get the most out of his backs. It’s simple, RBs want to go where they’ll get the rock. They’ll get it at Miami. Plus, between Mario, Bmac, Field and/or Coley im not worried about recruiting at any offensive skill position.

Advertisement
As much is Hickson is A grade recruiter I think he’s a below average developer of talent.

I was iffy on Mastro for recruiting purposes as well but the history shows he will get the most out of his backs. It’s simple, RBs want to go where they’ll get the rock. They’ll get it at Miami. Plus, between Mario, Bmac, Field and/or Coley im not worried about recruiting at any offensive skill position.
Do you know what will scare offensive skill positions players (minus RB)? A Pro-Style-running-heavy offense.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back