Mario “the meddler” and “caveman”

The meddling narrative was always bull****. Caveman offense narrative okay perhaps that one had merit, but idgaf now.

He hired terrible coordinators when he came here. He replaced them with the best OC & DC combo in the nation now. Went out and got them all these neato ingredients in the off-season and is like you two get in kitchen and cook whatever the **** you want to.

He stripped the program down to the studs and rebuilt it in 3 years and is doing an awesome job. This team can get so much better this year and coach is gonna acquire more and even better talent in the future, which is bright af
Neanderthals communicates mostly with grunts and hand gestures, making meddling something that never really made sense.

Advertisement
imo, there are two entirely legitimate criticisms of mario as a coach:

1. his gameday coaching is lacking. this year, TBD. no significant issues thus far, but we'll see what happens when we get in a real rock fight.

2. he whiffed badly on his first set of coordinator hires. this was so bad it was almost unbelievable, but he responded by hitting home runs with dawson and guidry. really bizarre that it took that disaster of a first round to get here, but hey, we're cooking now.

the 'meddling,' caveman offense critique holds no water to me and simply never has during his time at miami. generally speaking, we've passed the ball plenty. but the bigger thing is this: i am a tennessee titans fan. i have suffered through a lot of horrendous QB play. and i can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that what we saw last year was not mario getting in there and forcing dawson to Run Da Ball- it was an OC who absolutely knew that his QB ain't ****, and was doing his best to hide him. i've seen years of that, man lol.

…most points scored in a 4 game span in program history.
Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back