Manny on Joe Rose 10/11

Just listened and have no issue with what he said.

You guys are lunatics. Short of Manny saying "I suck and the only way to fix this is for me to quit" you guys will complain about what he says.

-roster bloated with upper classmen and dealing with PT is difficult- facts. If guys like Bolden could make an NFL roster they would be gone. Managing PT and keeping the locker room running smoothly is a huge challenge and probably something a first time head coach would struggle with.

-tackling and leveraging issues on the defense- when your DEs are incapable of setting the edge it exposes the lack of speed at LB and you rely on the ankle tacklers crashing down from safety. You cant scheme better tackling mid season. What is Manny supposed to say- "in the off season we should have done more tackling drills and better drills- diving at the rolling doughnut doesn't seem to be paying off"

etc etc-

Manny needs to be fired, the job is too big for him. But I don't blame him for wanting to work toward fixing things.
You Dont Say GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Advertisement

You guys are lunatics. Short of Manny saying "I suck and the only way to fix this is for me to quit" you guys will complain about what he says.

-roster bloated with upper classmen and dealing with PT is difficult- facts. If guys like Bolden could make an NFL roster they would be gone. Managing PT and keeping the locker room running smoothly is a huge challenge and probably something a first time head coach would struggle with.

-tackling and leveraging issues on the defense- when your DEs are incapable of setting the edge it exposes the lack of speed at LB and you rely on the ankle tacklers crashing down from safety. You cant scheme better tackling mid season. What is Manny supposed to say- "in the off season we should have done more tackling drills and better drills- diving at the rolling doughnut doesn't seem to be paying off"

etc etc-

Manny needs to be fired, the job is too big for him. But I don't blame him for wanting to work toward fixing things.
My bigger issue is what was his come to Jesus moment with the defense. It has been a problem, so why is he only now seeing it. At a minimum, after UNC gave everyone the blueprint, the guy didn’t make so much as a single edit. Above all of this though, is he capable of changing it. For a guy who was willing and able to quickly pivot and adapt in a few areas, it’s baffling how slow he has been to do the same in others.

With the veterans, all off season he was touting the experience and the leadership, so it is kind of bull**** to now complain about this. He was the one who decided to go forward on that path. It’s not like he had an NFL GM who forced players on him.

People are ****ed when he says these things because they are decisions he himself made, they are necessary changes that people on here have been harping on for multiple seasons, and at this point his equity is entirely up and they are just excuses.

This is a crap take. There are other rosters out there that are bloated with upper classmen like we have right now.

It's becoming an issue now as some of the guys coming back that have been in this program for years, are still not contributing and displaying efficiency. Some of the underclassmen are already surpassing them. Manny has allowed a sense of entitlement to build up for years and he's developed a habit of playing upperclassmen, regardless of performance, which he's now recognized that he needs to try something new in playing the new kids or else he knows his path to failure is imminent.

This all goes back to Manny. He developed this culture. And now he's getting what he deserves.
I didn’t say the issues were not of his own causing or that they were unique. But they are real.

Manny sucks and is not capable of doing this job. I just don’t think we should expect him to quit.

And to say he didn’t fix anything is patently false. Manny fixed a lot. Cb recruiting was garbage. Manny fixed it and hired TRob. Enos offense was garbage manny fixed it and got Lashlee. Now before you tel me Lashlee sucks, he didn’t suck last year. The regression this year is unexplainable and I’ve lost faith in Lashlee but manny temporarily fixed that. Qbs were an issue manny got king.

Manny has done a lot of things right the major problem is that manny is a problem and he can’t fix himself. His willingness to move on from coaches was so refreshing compared to Golden.

My bigger issue is what was his come to Jesus moment with the defense. It has been a problem, so why is he only now seeing it. At a minimum, after UNC gave everyone the blueprint, the guy didn’t make so much as a single edit. Above all of this though, is he capable of changing it. For a guy who was willing and able to quickly pivot and adapt in a few areas, it’s baffling how slow he has been to do the same in others.

With the veterans, all off season he was touting the experience and the leadership, so it is kind of bull**** to now complain about this. He was the one who decided to go forward on that path. It’s not like he had an NFL GM who forced players on him.

People are ****ed when he says these things because they are decisions he himself made, they are necessary changes that people on here have been harping on for multiple seasons, and at this point his equity is entirely up and they are just excuses.
No argument. Manny is the problem. I’m not defending him just saying for any of us to expect manny to come on the radio and say, I suck, I ****ed up everything and should be fired is not a realistic expectation.

Advertisement

etc etc-

Manny is an arsonist and firefighter. He set the house on fire and is now playing victim bc he couldn’t put the fire out.

I didn’t say the issues were not of his own causing or that they were unique. But they are real.

Manny sucks and is not capable of doing this job. I just don’t think we should expect him to quit.

And to say he didn’t fix anything is patently false. Manny fixed a lot. Cb recruiting was garbage. Manny fixed it and hired TRob. Enos offense was garbage manny fixed it and got Lashlee. Now before you tel me Lashlee sucks, he didn’t suck last year. The regression this year is unexplainable and I’ve lost faith in Lashlee but manny temporarily fixed that. Qbs were an issue manny got king.

Manny has done a lot of things right the major problem is that manny is a problem and he can’t fix himself. His willingness to move on from coaches was so refreshing compared to Golden.

CB recruiting was garbage for 5 years under Diaz. His scheme doesn't do any favors for CBs. I'm supposed to give him credit for recognizing that Rumph is not a great recruiter or teacher of the position after 5 years? That's how low we're lowering the bar?

More and more, it's looking like Manny's the problem. Now Maryland has a decent offense and they have Enos.

Golden was stubborn to a point that it was historic. There are plenty of coaches that will fire assistants first before taking the blame themselves. Manny doing something that plenty of subpar coaches do is not something I plan to celebrate, or celebrate for the foreseeable future just because Golden's incompetent *** was incapable of recognizing **** decisions.

No argument. Manny is the problem. I’m not defending him just saying for any of us to expect manny to come on the radio and say, I suck, I ****ed up everything and should be fired is not a realistic expectation.
I think when he opens his mouth and starts saying things that people on a message board that aren’t paid well into the 6 or 7 figures have been saying for a while, it sets people off. Manny is also like Golden where both thought they were the smartest guys in the room, so a lot of what he says comes off as condescending and just flies in the face of reality. The media kisses his *** for access, fans can rightfully call out bull**** when they are fed it.

Advertisement
Manny has me ****ed to the point where I'm hoping the players know that they can control Miami's destiny as a program and act on it(or not act on it if you know what I mean). Interpret that as you will. I don't give a fluck. The administration is at fault for allowing this **** show to go on as long as it has.

I think when he opens his mouth and starts saying things that people on a message board that aren’t paid well into the 6 or 7 figures have been saying for a while, it sets people off. Manny is also like Golden where both thought they were the smartest guys in the room, so a lot of what he says comes off as condescending and just flies in the face of reality. The media kisses his *** for access, fans can rightfully call out bull**** when they are fed it.
I hate that I have backed myself into a corner where I’m defending Diaz who I WANT FIRED.

But I just keep going back to this. Forget the past. In today’s interview what could manny say that wouldn’t have the fan base ****ed. I’d argue the only answers acceptable to our fan base is I suck and need to be fired.

Advertisement
I think Manny has done a poor job and I have called for him to be replaced. That said, I want to see what if anything changes against UNC because that team is flawed as ****. This is the most important game of Manny's career. I like what he said this morning but it should have happened in the spring and fall camp, not during the bye week.

Advertisement
- Diaz on the adjustments he has had to make as the play-caller on defense throughout this year: “There is no scheme that can handle losing leverage of the football or handle tackling. There is no scheme that can handle a miscommunication on the back end. What we have done is we have identified what has been getting us, what the causes are, and then highlight our frustration with our inability to make big plays.”

ZERO accountability..
Yeah Manny, there is a scheme for all of that. It's called, firing your *** and hiring a real grown up to coach! I'm Tired of the Frat house atmosphere around the football program. And if it's true that you're (ALLEGEDLY) letting the kids vape in the locker room, then you totally have lost all control of this program, and there ain't no coming back from that. Just Leave. Trying to be the adult in the room now, will not go over well. You can't be the Dean of Pledges, and the Head Football Coach. It don't work that way.

Last edited:
I hate that I have backed myself into a corner where I’m defending Diaz who I WANT FIRED.

But I just keep going back to this. Forget the past. In today’s interview what could manny say that wouldn’t have the fan base ****ed. I’d argue the only answers acceptable to our fan base is I suck and need to be fired.
I agree with you to an extent. But probably less excuses, more accountability, and keeping it short and simple would be better.

Advertisement
Back