Lykes back in dog house?

obfan

Redshirt Freshman
His reduced role as the 2 behind Newt is very puzzling to me. Chris makes things happen off his dribble not standing around waiting for an open shot on a team that doesn't hardly pass the ball at all. This season is basically over. We have no point guard,no center and no starting 5. Chris is IMO the future of team. A recruiting magnet this year. Give him the **** ball

Advertisement
He can’t guard against unc. I was at the game. Just about every time he got pulled it was for a defensive miscue.

They either drove him to the hole breaking down our entire D or they shot 3’s right over him.

So it wasn’t a dog house thing. He just couldn’t play defense against their guards

Advertisement
He can’t guard against unc. I was at the game. Just about every time he got pulled it was for a defensive miscue.

They either drove him to the hole breaking down our entire D or they shot 3’s right over him.

So it wasn’t a dog house thing. He just couldn’t play defense against their guards
Pretty much every time he drove to the hoop his shot got blocked, too.

He isn't comfortable from the 2. He needs the defense to be less set. The defensive point is valid but he really is our only hope. Newt doesn't dish. walker and Amp are just standing around watching the action. My other point is recruiting. This team is done we need to think about next season

Did y’all see Coach L going off on Lykes as Lykes dribbled the clock out at the end? It looks like Lykes wanted to try for another bucket. Coach L told him to hold it, Lykes said something back, then L snapped on him.

Coach L is definitely on Lykes ***. At all times. Lykes is a good kid and seems like he can take it though. I’d rather have my coach coming down hard on me instead of dismissing me and putting me on the bench and leaving me there.

Advertisement
Coaches usually try to motivate kids with either of the god cop bad cop approach. It appears coach has decided to be hard on him. Coach has been doing this a long time and probably knows what the best approach with Chris is. He did it with Murphy too and I didn't like it and either did Murphy who ignored him his senior year and took the shot.
IMO 2019 is Chris Lykes all day or we may not win any. This needs to be resolved

Who was the leading scorer last night? None of the guards played flawlessly but we needed offense. The experience and seniority of UNC showed lst night.

Did y’all see Coach L going off on Lykes as Lykes dribbled the clock out at the end? It looks like Lykes wanted to try for another bucket. Coach L told him to hold it, Lykes said something back, then L snapped on him.

Coach L is definitely on Lykes ***. At all times. Lykes is a good kid and seems like he can take it though. I’d rather have my coach coming down hard on me instead of dismissing me and putting me on the bench and leaving me there.

Im glad Lykes got ****ed. UNC was running the score up on us we can't just let that happen.

Advertisement
His reduced role as the 2 behind Newt is very puzzling to me. Chris makes things happen off his dribble not standing around waiting for an open shot on a team that doesn't hardly pass the ball at all. This season is basically over. We have no point guard,no center and no starting 5. Chris is IMO the future of team. A recruiting magnet this year. Give him the **** ball

What are you talking about? He picked up his second foul with 6 minutes to go in the first half and got into foul trouble. He still played 27 minutes.

The season is far from over as we enter the tournament.

Advertisement

We don't play with a true PG, at least not this year. In this offense the guy that brings the ball up actually just gives it off to one of the wings to run the offense.

So it really makes more sense for Lykes to start off the ball.

Go cry some more though

Advertisement
Back