Luther Robinson....no more time to waste

5Ringz

Thunderdome
No reason why this kid doesn't come out and tear it up this year. It's never been a question of talent with this kid. He won multiple MVP accolades at camp during his recruitment to include MVP at FNL in Gainesville. It's always been effort and work ethic with him

Time to step up Mr Robinson. I think he'll have a very productive season. We need all the DTs we can get out there.

Advertisement
Seems like his work ethic is finally where it needs to be, kid could be an important player this year.

Funny how things work out. I think we were all counting/hoping Porter would be the one locking it down with commitment and hard work. I like that this guy finally (hopefully) 'got it' and hope all the DTs step it up this season. Will make al the difference keeping the young ones from getting exposed out in the back.

if Luther would have been healthy and with it last year Ojomo gets to stay at DE and the whole defensive front ends up being a lot tougher/stronger. Never too late though. The guy played some decent snaps as a freshman. He's got it in him. Hopefully he really keeps up the hard work cause we need our DTs to do their job so Perryman can go ahead and excel at his.

Advertisement
I remember when Luther was a true freshmen, there were a couple of times when he showed really nice burst and push up front and I thought **** this guy is going to be a monster. Well it never happened but there's still time.

Luther is a pass rushing DT imo with very low center of gravity and is versatile enough to play on O.

Now just put it together big fella. That baby fat should be shed off already. Beast that **** this year.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E_P73cmzDzI[/video]

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GO1JZE-856Y[/video]

Advertisement
yet another example of waiting to judge our players. I remember most on here calling the cat a bum for not wanting to switch positions. We need to trust the head man, maybe he knew this would light a fire. Looking for some surprises this year.

Advertisement
Kid is 295 pounds. If nothing else, he can just stand there and cover his gap. That would be more than we have gotten from our DTs in awhile

We got some big boys rotating in and out

Smith
Porter
Luther
Pierre
Ivery
Grimble

I got a bad feeling about the hype ol boy is getting on Greentree.

Possibly but this was a kid who was on the way out of the program and now at the very least will provide some snaps at DT. He could do 12 reps at 225 and didn't pass the conditioning test last year. Now hes at 28 (i believe) and is listed as a starter on the depth chart. Pretty impressive turn around to at least get himself back into the mix at DT.

Agree. The purported senior year turnarounds are few and far between. I would wager that the coaches were hoping that either Porter or Smith claimed a DT spot but neither has. You have to reward whomever is playing best but this is another spot that in my mind falls under "somebody has to play."

Advertisement

Agree. The purported senior year turnarounds are few and far between. I would wager that the coaches were hoping that either Porter or Smith claimed a DT spot but neither has. You have to reward whomever is playing best but this is another spot that in my mind falls under "somebody has to play."

He's not a SR though. Is a true JR who would get a 5th year since last year he never played (why not listed as a RS year?).

I expect more, but if he and the DT's can keep blockers from getting to the next level and making life hard for the LB's I'll be content. But like Golden said, we're looking for at least one of them to be "that guy" that dominates.

yet another example of waiting to judge our players. I remember most on here calling the cat a bum for not wanting to switch positions. We need to trust the head man, maybe he knew this would light a fire. Looking for some surprises this year.

I was thinking the same thing.
This was a case of Golden mental fking Luther with the threat of switching him to OL.

Advertisement
Back