Lu, thoughts on the 2012 canes

Canesfan1899

All-American
Premium
What do you think we will see differently on defense with different personnel? Who do you think the stats at QB? What can we expect from Duke? Thoughts on R. Scott at WR? Thoughts on Perryman at MLB?

The off-season boredom has kicked in; desperate for football conversation.

Advertisement
Priority one, we have to stop the run. I'm hoping the new DB's will allow us to play more man to man. I hope we can develop a pass rush. Morris will start and he needs to stay injury free. Duke will probably have to learn to pass protect but he can be used in space right way. I would like to see more of Hagen in the big back role. I think we will try to use a two tight end set and look for mismatches.

Priority one, we have to stop the run. I'm hoping the new DB's will allow us to play more man to man. I hope we can develop a pass rush. Morris will start and he needs to stay injury free. Duke will probably have to learn to pass protect but he can be used in space right way. I would like to see more of Hagen in the big back role. I think we will try to use a two tight end set and look for mismatches.

I agree we have too stop the run. I think if Porter stays healthy we'll do better at stopping the run. We really need a big year from Morris.

Advertisement
the QB competition will likely come down to the last week......and even though i prefer williams......whoever does win it will have had to bust their *** to do so

the plan for duke will be to get him 12-15 touches per game.....including STs

i think scott has alot of potential and will could be a stud at WR.........i also think that with scott......hurns.....dorsett......lockhart and lewis......we will have a solid WR group

as for perryman......he was very good last year as a true frosh........with guys like buchanon.....gaines and cain with experience outside......i expect him to be at least as good

johnson and paul are a year older.......and i expect kirby and terry to contribute this year........witt i dont expect to do much this year

if we are lucky......cornileus will still be on the team and wont be one of the cuts to get to 80 in the fall

Though I do think Williams can play, Morris should be the QB on mobility and arm strength.

Advertisement
I would feel more comfortable with Morris, although I want the QB battle to be legit.

QB will be Morris... williams was throwing a lot of possesion balls... that's his thing... he is good within 30 yards... morris has a canon and can get the ball down field... My question is who will be our deep threat WR? IMO it will be Hurns or Lockhart... Duke is gonna open people eyes.. yeah he won't block the 300lb DT coming up the middle... but out in space he will do big things... he will make people miss... I really think D. Dillard will do some good things don't sleep on him... who do u think will be redshirted though?

Advertisement
The completion percentages for balls thrown for shorter gains are much higher than those thirty yards plus. So while I hear about Morris's 'gun' arm, if you'll look to the interception rate, you'll find the 'gun' doesn't mean ****.

The plays in the Spring game were very limited, and if anyone thinks they saw a good representation of the playbook or our playmakers, or our passing game, they're really kinda dumb. Our problem all spring was our very limited number of receivers - who were **** near run to death.

Possession balls and possession runs, and just getting the ball to our playmakers is how we won in the old days. Once everyone snugged in to defend the short stuff, then on occasion, we'd find our deep receivers open. But that long ball crap wasn't our bread OR butter.

I just want a smart quarterback who can take us down the field, while wearing out the defense by keeping them on the field, thus frustrating them to the point of breakage in the fourth quarter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back