Lo Lingard IG Live

The old staff spent 5 years recruiting Lingard from the time he was in 8th grade all the way through his senior year in HS, so they obviously had a relationship with his entire family. And you think that it's asking a lot that his family wanted to meet and communicate with the new RB coach whom they had never met before or even heard of? Mind you, not only did they not just pick up the phone, call and introduce themselves, they never even returned the family's calls when they reached out to them. EVERY position coach on a college football team speaks to his players families, this isn't anything new or out of the ordinary.

There's no way that's true, but if it is, it explains why we're in an 18 year period of mediocrity. The last thing a college coach should be doing is talking to freaking parents.

Advertisement
There's no way that's true, but if it is, it explains why we're in an 18 year period of mediocrity. The last thing a college coach should be doing is talking to freaking parents.

So you think that coaches spend years recruiting a kid ( AND THEIR FAMILY) to come play for them and then once a kid signs, the coaches never speak to the family again? LMFAO, just wow.

Advertisement
So you think that coaches spend years recruiting a kid ( AND THEIR FAMILY) to come play for them and then once a kid signs, the coaches never speak to the family again? LMFAO, just wow.

Way to twist my words. I'm sure they're polite, but there's no way they reach out to the parents to talk about a kid's role. Zero chance.

Way to twist my words. I'm sure they're polite, but there's no way they reach out to the parents to talk about a kid's role. Zero chance.

Maybe you are not understanding what I'm saying.....

In THIS very particular scenario where a player is injured (under the old staff who has sense been fired) and a new staff is brought in (whom the family has never met or knows anything about) it is very common (if not expected) that a new position coach would pick up the phone and call a kid's parents to introduce himself. Who said anything about saying what a kid's role would be or anything like that?

Advertisement
Maybe you are not understanding what I'm saying.....

In THIS very particular scenario where a player is injured (under the old staff who has sense been fired) and a new staff is brought in (whom the family has never met or knows anything about) it is very common (if not expected) that a new position coach would pick up the phone and call a kid's parents to introduce himself. Who said anything about saying what a kid's role would be or anything like that?

Oh, I understand what you're saying, I just think you're full of it. College coaches don't call parents. And they certainly don't take phone calls from parents.

Not the exact same but Georgia and Justin Fields. Fromm is excellent and it would have been hard to convince him to stay. But Georgia was leaking stories that Fields wasn’t smart, couldnt pick up plays etc, I bought the stories.

Fields is a god**** stud and Georgia will miss him a ton next year and honestly probably would have added more of a offensive spark this year without gamechanging WR they have.
No one has leaked stories about Lingard. He doesnt look 100%. He's out there with a limp. Easy to see with 2 eyes dont need to make stories about it

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't understand this criticism on Lo. I've seen people in this thread calling him entitled, etc. Remember, this kid was an incredible UM ambassador during his recruitment. 5 star kid who shut down his recruitment early and stayed the course. There was a reason he was referred to as The Ambassador.

I recall watching him on the sidelines during games his FR year. He wasn't playing but you could always see him engaged in the game, taking mental reps with the ball in his hands, etc. while other guys were just yucking it up. Takes his craft seriously and I'm sure his time will come. I hope he's patient to see it through.

Advertisement
Back